Offensive Line Projection

theJ

With Jonah Williams being the pick, how do you see the offensive line shaking out this year?

Assume for the moment that they won't take another linemen until round 4 or later (so no more immediate starters in this draft).

4 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Williams- Boling-Price- Brown- Glenn

You're the second person here in the last few weeks to reference a "Brown" at OG.  I'm not sure who that is.  Are you referring to John Miller?

• Like 1

I see three scenarios:

Williams-Boling-Price-Miller-Glenn

or

Glenn-Boling-Price-Miller-Williams

or

Williams-Glenn-Price-Boling-Hart

Really hoping one of the first two.  But the trick will be moving one of these natural LT's to RT, a position neither has probably played in years, if ever.

If i had to pick one right now, i'd go with #1.

• Like 1

TBH, I would be happy with us going offensive line back to back. 

I'm very high on Elgton Jenkins and Dalton Risner in particular (both of which have versatility pluses). Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor are still on the board as well. And to a lesser extend, but still good value at 42, Greg Little.

33 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

TBH, I would be happy with us going offensive line back to back. 

I'm very high on Elgton Jenkins and Dalton Risner in particular (both of which have versatility pluses). Cody Ford and Jawaan Taylor are still on the board as well. And to a lesser extend, but still good value at 42, Greg Little.

Risner could start at RG now and kick out to RT in a year or two when Glenn breaks down.

Glenn-Boling-Price-Miller-Williams is my expectation to start the year. Jonah will kick over if Glenn misses any time, likely taking over the lt spot for the next decade.  No pressure. 

I am not sure that a tackle in 2 is the way to go, but I don't think we should wait too long to get another one. 

• 2 weeks later...

So somebody on Cincy Jungle has stated that Boling is going to miss the entire season.  If true, (and no idea what the source is) what does that do to projected lineups?  Will it be Jordan vs. Wsterman for the LG spot?  Or some other combination, including Glenn moving inside?