Offensive Line Projection

theJ

7 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think you are being paranoid.  No one is enamored with Hart. He's on a one year $5 million deal.  He's a backup.

It's hard to shake 16 years of bad decisions influencing my opinion of the team haha.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I guess I wasn't just being paranoid 

There are so many guards on this team though that even with Boling out, this feels like the wrong decision. 

They are trying to get the 5 best players on the field. If Boling wasn’t hurt I bet Glenn would be moving to RT. Glenn is starting LG, backup LT IMO

At this point, i's an option.  They were short Boling, Westerman and Redmond and they had said they were going to play around a little bit with their lineups.  The goal is to get your 5 best guys out there, so it's important to see where everyone works.

8 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

At this point, i's an option.  They were short Boling, Westerman and Redmond and they had said they were going to play around a little bit with their lineups.  The goal is to get your 5 best guys out there, so it's important to see where everyone works.

Kind of feels permanent when you have Glenn talking about how the coaches asked him to move to guard.

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I tried to tell you all

To me it doesn't matter if Boling is hurt all year or not.  You've got 3 tackles (Williams, Hart, Glenn), and 6 guards (Jordan, Miller, Hopkins, Westerman, Boling, Redmond) you could reasonable throw into a competition.  It just doesn't make any sense to me that you'd transition one of three tackles to guard and essentially declare the tackle position done in the first OTA when the whole line was a mess in 2018.

To me it should be Williams at LT, Glenn/Hart at RT, open competition at LG and RG.

Just feels like the "competition" of 2018 all over again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theJ said:

To me it doesn't matter if Boling is hurt all year or not.  You've got 3 tackles (Williams, Hart, Glenn), and 6 guards (Jordan, Miller, Hopkins, Westerman, Boling, Redmond) you could reasonable throw into a competition.  It just doesn't make any sense to me that you'd transition one of three tackles to guard and essentially declare the tackle position done in the first OTA when the whole line was a mess in 2018.

To me it should be Williams at LT, Glenn/Hart at RT, open competition at LG and RG.

Just feels like the "competition" of 2018 all over again.

I said essentially the same thing over on Cincy Jungle.  Glenn would be the backup LT anyway, and we only have three viable options at T at this point