Final Mock 2019

Madmike90

Resign…

FB…Michael Burton

I still expect us to carry a fullback and Burton is decent.

Free Agents…

webp.net-resizeimage_5.jpg?itok=ll7bJnRa

OLB…Jamie Collins…6-3” 250lbs…

Collins is still out there and his versatility is too much to pass up if we can get him to come here even on a one year prove it deal…Collins has the skill set and athletic ability to fit perfectly as the “dirty work” OLB that Pagano has had in the past opposite Mack…he can get to the QB as well as play the run and drop into cover especially on TEs which has always been a concern for us…Collins also would provide further insurance against Danny T or Smith going down as he could slide inside to ILB if needed...if we can't afford Collins or a guy like Ray then I would be pretty content keeping Fitts & Irvin behind Mack, Floyd and Lynch.

Trade…

49ers-.jpg

Bears trade Eagles 2020 6th/5th round pick to San Fran for K Robbie Gould…

Let’s stop playing around at kicker…we are a superbowl ready team and you can not throw that window away on a “maybe” at kicker…Gould is a proven commodity who wants to be here so money shouldn’t be a massive issue…the fact he has been so clear with San Fran that he wants to leave should smooth over the idea of the trade.

Draft…

Round 3…

oliver.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

TE…Josh Oliver…6-5” 250lbs…San Jose State…

I am still a big believer that we will never see this offence at its best until we get a RB and a TE who truly fit the scheme and what Nagy wants to do…if you look at the TEs in KC even behind Kelce they are big athletic dudes who can line up in the slot and use their physical ability to mismatch against LBs and Ss…we don’t really have that…Burton is 6-3” and nothing that safeties and DBs haven’t seen before and Shaheen doesn’t have the athletic ability to really outrun good coverage LBs who have the size to match up against him…we need a bigger guy who can run and be a mismatch and this TE class is full of them…Kahale Warring and Oliver are my favourites but I think a team like the Pats snap up Warring earlier than this so Oliver is the guy…his tape shows real versatility with him lining up in the slot, inline and even wideout…he motions a ton in SJSU packages which is something Nagy would ask him to do at the “U” TE…with 4.63 speed he can run away from LBs but still has the size at 6-5” 250lbs to bully DBs…strong hands and understanding the full route tree would also help him adjust to the pro game quickly and allow us to almost use Burton as a bigger wide receiver with Shaheen inline and Oliver as the flex option. 

Round 4…

CF2UH457WNBYFBZR657P7Y2S6U.jpg

RB…Ryquell Armstead…5-11” 220lbs…Temple…

I really do believe we are going to see a New England Patriots approach at running back this year where it is whatever tool best fits the job that will get the ball…remember the Pats running a guy like Jonas Gray into the ground on power runs for massive days before he disappeared? Or James White killing teams out the backfield? Danny Woodhead being Mr everything? That is what this RB room is going to be this season…Davis the well rounded guy between the tackles who can make you miss or run over you while also catching the ball out the backfield…Cohen is the jitterbug who can rip off massive gains in both the run and screen game…Patterson is a true mismatch who can run the ball from time to time but more importantly take jet sweeps and misdirections the distance or split out to be a traditional WR and cause mismatches…but we are missing a hammer…a guy who simply has the power to make the tough yards and take the ball in the last 4 minutes of a game to run it out…Armstead is that guy…very underrated as a back in this draft he brings a great H/W/S combination and runs with an angry mindset showing the ability to attach defenders at the end of his runs…he has good enough footwork to make a defender miss or simply run over them on occasions…he isn’t an elite receiving back but his hands are solid enough to suggest that he can at least be a threat in the screen and short yardage passing game but given the other backs we have that would not be his purpose…he is the closer we need with the upside to be an everydown guy moving forward.

Round 5…

8151107.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

OL…Lamont Gaillard…6-3” 305lbs…Georgia…

Filling the quota of Georgia kids is Gaillard…Kyle Long isn’t going to be around forever with this more than likely being his last year with the team even with his seeming rededication to dropping weight to hopefully prolong his career the writing is on the wall after his contract was redone…Gaillard is a high floor player who would come in from day one and be our top back up at both centre and guard which clearly this staff value highly…Gaillard is an outstanding leader who brings a tough and physical attitude to the field which is backed up with good physical attributes especially his length as an interior player…something the front office really valued in Daniels last season…I think this Gaillard would come in and become the long term future at centre allowing Whitehair to move to RG next year which would give us the best set of OGs in the NFL and make everyone’s job much easier. 

Round 7 (via Philly)…

612599220.jpg.jpg

CB…Ka’Dar Hollman…6-0” 195lbs…Toledo…

I have always been a big believer that you should try and find guys with outstanding physical traits late in the draft…some guys are just natural football players but most late round guys who make the team should have long term upside…Hollman has prototype size for the position and destroyed his pro day with a sub 4.4 forty and 38” vertical…as impressive as that is the thing I love most about Hollman s that he practiced against three WRs all of whom will end up in the NFL this weekend…that can’t be over looked…I also think he will be an outstanding special teamer early given his athletic ability and aggressiveness.

Round 7…

usa_today_11394358.0.jpg

NT…P.J Johnson…6-4” 335lbs…Arizona…

One thing I really think will change under Pagano from Fangio is we will have a bigger backup NT…Fangio also preferred smaller more mobile linemen even on the nose…Baltimore have always had huge NTs who they have developed from late round picks like Brandon Williams and Michael Pierce…Johnson is just a huge human being with quality physicality in the run game…we hopefully wouldn’t see too much of him behind Goldman but as a two down run stuffer and more importantly big body to keep Smith and Danny T free to run sideline to sideline he would have some value to this defence.

UDFA…

5151283.jpg

RB…Jordan Scarlett…5-11” 208lbs…Florida…

I think we will double down at RB and I suspect that Scarlett will be the best one not to be drafted…I think we will throw bodies at the position and see what sticks…Davis, Armstead, Cohen, Patterson, Scarlett gives us a ton of versatility at the position and with the bottom of the roster itself.

Depth Chart…

QB…Mitch Trubisky…Chase Dainel

RB…Mike Davis…Ryquell Armstead…Jordan Scarlett

FB…Michael Burton                                                        

WR…Allen Robinson…Javon Wims…Marvin Hall                         

WR…Anthony Miller…Cordarrelle Patterson

Weapon…Tarik Cohen…Taylor Gabriel                         

TE…Trey Burton…Adam Shaheen…Josh Oliver…Ben Braunecker

LT…Charles Leno

LG…James Daniels                     

C…Cody Whitehair…Ted Larsen

RG…Kyle Long…Lamont Gaillard

RT…Bobby Massie…Rashaad Coward                                 

LE…Akiem Hicks…Roy Robertson-Harris

NT…Eddie Goldman…P.J Johnson

RE…Bilal Nichols…Jonathan Bullard                      

LOLB…Khalil Mack…Aaron Lynch...Isaiah Irving

ILB…Roquan Smith…Nick Kwiatkoski                       

ILB…Danny Trevathan…Joel Iyiegbuniwe                             

ROLB…Leonard Floyd…Jamie Collins

NB…Buster Skrine…Sherrick McManis                

CB…Kyle Fuller…Ka’Dar Hollman

CB…Prince Amukamara…Kevin Toliver                  

SS…HaHa Clinton-Dix…Deon Bush                    

FS…Eddie Jackson…Deandre Houston-Carson                    

P…Pat O’Donnell

K…Robbie Gould

LS…Patrick Scales

We could do a hell of  alot worse  ..

Getting Gould  would ease my  mind alot  !  Collins or  Ansah on prove it  deal would be  GREAT

DON'T love Ryquell  but would be his biggest fan  if he came  in and  proved me wrong  !

Just now, pigsooie5 said:

I think DB will be Pace’s first pick so the fact you severely neglected it is surprising to me. 

I have a good bit of faith in Toliver as a backup CB...I could see a safety but I think we will continue to try and surround Trubisky with weapons and talent in this draft.

I don't think anybody  knew that almost every CB would  still be avail  !   WoW 

The right TE  and rb  in this system  would make us  almost unguardable  !

If CB is  bpa at 87 then take the CB ...  Round 2 picks at RB & CB  will be VERY interesting