Day 2 Draft Talk

ttitansfan4life

I honestly wouldn’t be upset if we took DK at 51, I just didn’t want him in the 1st round. My top picks for the 2nd would be:

1. AJ Brown (would have been happy with him in the 1st)

2. Chase Winovich 

3. Hakeem Butler 

4.DK Metcalf

5. JJAW

6. Cody Ford

7. Parris Campbell

8. Erik McCoy 

18 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I honestly wouldn’t be upset if we took DK at 51, I just didn’t want him in the 1st round. My top picks for the 2nd would be:

1. AJ Brown (would have been happy with him in the 1st)

2. Chase Winovich 

3. Hakeem Butler 

4.DK Metcalf

5. JJAW

6. Cody Ford

7. Parris Campbell

8. Erik McCoy 

Rather take Parris Campbell AJ brown or Hakeem Butler over DK

I am all for jj arcega whiteside at 51. I was thinking Jaylon ferguson, but he has character concerns. The pr that would come from your first two picks having off the field stuff is concerning. Oline could be the pick however and if so, probably give us our only opening day starter from the rookie group barring injuring. Dalton Risner at 51 and kicking him in at guard sounds good to me.

Updated list of 'my guys' after round 1 (I basically only watched DL/Edge/WR):

Ed Oliver - DL - Houston - 1st round

Brian Burns - Edge - Florida St. - 1st round

Jeffery Simmons - DL - Miss St. - 1st round :D

TJ Hockenson - TE - Iowa - 1st round

Hakeem Butler - WR - Iowa State - 2nd round

Chase Winovich - Edge - Michigan - 2nd round

D'Andre Walker - Edge - Georgia  3rd round

Anthony Johnson - WR - Buffalo - 5th round

Sutton Smith - LB/Edge - N. Illinois 7th/UDFA

Honorable Mentions:
Christian Wilkins - DL - Clemson
Riley Ridley - WR - Georgia
Kelvin Harmon - WR - NC State
Tyree Jackson - QB - Buffalo

Players I am lower on than where they are projected:

Montez Sweat
Josh Allen
Clelin Ferrell
Rashan Gary

AJ Brown

Edited by TwoToneBlue

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

I knew it was gone be run on WR early. A lot talent available

Oh yeah, but with the talent available, a good wide receiver will fall to 51.  There are a TON of good DBs available at this stage too.  AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, DK Metcalf, and Deebo Samuel are the most likely to be gone, but that's a lot of receivers to go before 19.

Then there's still Juan Thornhill, Nasir Adderly, Taylor Rapp, and Chauncey Gardner Johnson at safety, and Byron Murphy, Rock Ya-Sin, and Greedy Williams are there at corner.  It's hard for me to imagine that any of those corners and half of those safeties aren't gone by 51.

Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, and Greg Little probably all go before 51, but that still leaves Elgton Jenkins, Dalton Risner, and Eric McCoy.

We'll have good options for sure.

• Like 1

I think we have to go front 7 pass rusher still. Simmons may not play this year and if he does it's not gonna be at 100%. We can't be okay with what we have for rushing the passer right now.

Our secondary is good and all but you ask even the Legion of Boom to cover all day in today's NFL and they're gonna get beat.

Edited by TitanLegend
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I think we have to go front 7 pass rusher still. Simmons may not play this year and if he does it's not gonna be at 100%. We can't be okay with what we have for rushing the passer right now.

Our secondary is good and all but you ask even the Legion of Boom to cover all day in today's NFL and they're gonna get beat.

We're gonna have to be OK with something being less than stellar.  No team is free of weaknesses.  We already signed Cam Wake and have Harold Landry and Sharif Finch coming into their sophomore seasons, as well as Rashaan Evans.  Orakpo and Morgan barely contributed at all last year, so we're already better than we were (on paper, at least).

We're likely to be able to get a better player at OL or WR than at Edge.  The only edge players I'd take at 51 would be Jaylon Ferguson and Jachai Polite, if they were satisfied with his issues, and neither of them (except maybe Polite) would be better than the WRs and OLs I expect to be available.