Day 2 Predictions

HBL052086

18 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m eager to see what the Bills do.

They could go Taylor, WR, or just say screw it and get the perfect fit in Byron Murphy and make our defense that much better. Will be interesting for sure. 

I’d like to see them trade back into the second round from the third tbh.

How about getting one of these rangey TEs for Allen? I thought Hock was in play for BUF (he probably was) so someone like Sternberger as the next man up? Can rake lazers in from Allen over the top.

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

How about getting one of these rangey TEs for Allen? I thought Hock was in play for BUF (he probably was) so someone like Sternberger as the next man up? Can rake lazers in from Allen over the top.

Yeah I realllly wanted Hock or Fant. That’s also why i brought up Engram. 

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Hoping the Bills walk away with both Sternberger and Metcalf tonight.

Given DEN isn't picking until 2.41, I'll predict at least the positions and see if I get the players too for 2.33 - 2.41.

33. ARI - OL or WR, likely Cody Ford IMO.  Why not pair Ford & Murray together?

34.  IND - CB seems the fit here.  So let's go with the best cover guy - Greedy Williams.

35.  OAK - CB / WR - just because it's Chucky and he can't resist - DK Metcalf.

36.  SF - CB stands out, WR too, but given CB is worse off than WR IMO, let's go with Rock-Ya Sin (unless they prefer a zone CB, then it's Byron Murphy). 

37.  SEA - pass rusher but unless they love Ferguson / Winovich this seems early.  WR the other area given they ignore IOL routinely.   Trade down?   If they stay....let's go with Hakeem Butler.

38.  TAM - OL for sure, and T to boot - Jawan Taylor.

39.  JAX - it's OL or TE, given that Irv Smith is there, let's be convenient and go there.   Dalton Risner is a very clear plan B there.

40.  BUF - gotta get Josh Allen a weapon at WR - so let's give him a speed merchant who can also be used as a multi-positional weapon with Parris Campbell.

41. DEN - definitely wants IOL, CB or WR - this is a great fit with the big board.  Just a Q of who we want IMO. If Risner is on the board, I think Elway runs to the podium.  I also think C Erik McCoy is very much in play with us.

The one X-factor I see - QB.  None of those teams want a QB.   But someone could trade up.   I kinda hope so since it’s likely for Lock lol.  Which only helps our board at 41. 

As for trades with DEN, the teams I think we’d likely target if we feel we need to move up - SF/SEA.   SF and we have a great relationship and find common ground.  SF wanting CB could drop back 5 spots.   If SEA wants pass rush and aren’t in love with 1 guy hard - moving back is a move they often make.  And it gets past the 38-40 range where IOL seems such a BPA/need perfect combo.  PIT targeted us because CIN was looking hard at Bush at 1.11.   The same idea applies here with us and IOL if we think there's a huge dropoff, or there's a guy we feel is just that much better of an impact guy.   Risner/Ford stand out in the IOL crowd, Byron Murphy at CB for a Fangio scheme, maybe Butler/Boykin could be that at WR (but it's so deep, I don't think DEN will reach up for WR, they may let a guy fall to them at 2.20 or 3.11). 

Before ppl ask why I cite need in the projections above since I’m a BPA advocate, even at this stage (until we’re somewhere in Rd3 in most draft obvious gaps are no longer usually there) - as per my Day 2-3 post the CB/WR/IOL guys really crowd the top of the big board with not much separation.  And QB is the one spot where need drives reaches.  For those teams need and BPA really fit well for what’s left, except if SEA wants pass rush help.

Those are my best guesses - but the fans from different teams would know more of who they have been eyeing with visits/interest....so I defer to them.   Feel free to correct/change/confirm lol.

ARI -  @11sanchez11 / @DirtyDez & others...

IND - @Wyld Stallyns

OAK - nah, I know they'll stop by and critique lol

SF - @Forge @49erurtaza @J-ALL-DAY

SEA - @showtime?

JAX - @Tugboat & @JaguarCrazy2832 & @.Buzz

BUF - @Thelonebillsfan @NickChowaniec @Trentwannabe @marshawn lynch @LeeEvans

Fans for the teams - critique those predictions away....

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

37.  SEA - pass rusher but unless they love Ferguson / Winovich this seems early.  WR the other area given they ignore IOL routinely.   Trade down?   If they stay....let's go with Hakeem Butler.

There's no reason to ever try and predict what Seattle might do. They're basically the hipster war room.

Edited by Danger

@Broncofan I'd say WR here is more likely. It is no secret the team went hard after OBJ in the offseason and were interested in Brown supposedly before he went ape sh*t. And out of the 30 official visits, half of them or close to half of them were WRs. I'd venture to guess, unless we trade down, we draft either Butler/Brown/Samuel. 

If we go corner, of course Ya-Sin/Greedy will be options. 

• Like 1

@Broncofan think WR is in much more dire straits than corner, and I think that is the far likelier pick, though I'm probably more down on our receivers than any other 49er fan on the forum. I think Murphy goes to AZ, though Greedy could be very intriguing. My guess is that the pick is AJ Brown if he's there, Deebo if AJ is gone. Corner could certainly be an option, but I think WR is more likely. 

• Like 1