Day 2 Predictions

HBL052086

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Why

Maybe I'm buying into it and it's not correct, but more and more people are pointing to Taylor and seems legit worried about his knee. Don't get the feeling we're high on Risner (I am), and I think Ford is gone by the time we pick.

TE is a big need and Foles loves to use them. Irv at this point would be good value, although I prefer OL and try and hope a guy like Knox/Sternberger falls or nab a guy like Oliver later.

Been a lot of people around JAX that seem to think it'll be Irv as well.

We'll see what happens.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Conley, Joyner, and Abram leaves your secondary as a bottom dweller?

My opinion? For now, yes. Totally on the secondary? Not exactly. 

If Conley takes another step or two forward, it helps.

If Joyner meshes, that helps even more, though we haven't seen how exactly he'll be used and I remain somewhat skeptical on it.

Abram can be a wildcard, as all rookies are. I wasn't particularly high on him. Rookies can prove people wrong all the time, and by all means, if he winds up really good, awesome. The big issue I have with him is we've seen reached for S's before (Mitchell, Joseph, Obi) and been burned. I'm not sure I'm sold on Abram's coverage skills. He's solid enough, but I don't see him being a game changer. 

Keep in mind, our secondary wasn't helped last year due to many factors- no pass rush, bad LBs, Reggie Nelson, etc. I'm hesitant to put the blame entirely on the guys playing in the back. But with our front seven last year, we got tore up in the secondary. I don't know how much we've improved at LB yet and unless Ferrell is other-worldly, our pass rush still has a ton of ground to make up. None of Conley, Joyner, or Abram strike me as making so much of a difference that there will be marked improvement if the rest of the defense flounders again. 

I'd be happy to see it turn out the polar opposite, but unless leaps and bounds are made elsewhere, I don't know how it'll pan out. The problem, really, is the entire D. If we're relying on JAGs and hopes like Whitehead, Marshall, and Burfict at LB again, although an improvement on last year, it's an honest 50/50. As for DL/Pass Rush, look at how terrible it was. I don't mind Ferrell, but I would have preferred someone like Allen to shore up a position of need and found a DE later. For arguments sake, had we taken Allen and Sweat was still available at 24, I would have been ecstatic at the potential of the front 7 with 2 potential studs as opposed to just 1. Sum of your parts type of thing. 

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

They could sign a UDFA WR and that last line might still apply.

Given how much OL improvement will impact your O, I'd not be opposed to keep hitting OL until the value goes away.  Right now, it's certainly a no-brainer. 

I'm hoping that guy is Chad Beebe tbh