2019 NFL Draft Discussion

Raves

So the 1st round is over, our 1st pick will potentially be made today.  Any thoughts on this?

There are still several very good WRs available in DK Metcalf, Parris Campbell, AJ Brown and more.  I wouldn't be surprised if Payton decides to trade up in the 2nd to try and get his preferred WR.

7 minutes ago, Raves said:

So the 1st round is over, our 1st pick will potentially be made today.  Any thoughts on this?

There are still several very good WRs available in DK Metcalf, Parris Campbell, AJ Brown and more.  I wouldn't be surprised if Payton decides to trade up in the 2nd to try and get his preferred WR.

I'd be fine with a trade-up for someone they view as an impact maker, not a project or high-ceiling-low-floor type guy

I'll probably in the minority, but I wouldn't mind staying put and taking BPA. I'm real tired of going into drafts missing 2nds or 3rds or 4ths etc etc.

In terms of players, I'm down to take an OT we can develop to replace Armstead. We've seen what a sub-par O-line does to our offense.

Another position is an off-ball LB. Anzalone is great, but having another LBer who can cover would be a god send (Pratt from NC state is still there).

Obviously the WR talent is still plenty.

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Well didn't see that one coming. Easton was signed to play C, so I guess C this year, replace Peat next season?

Considering how often our OL is injured, this is just a better back-up at C at a minimum for when Armstead/Peat/Warford go down and we have to shuffle.

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Well didn't see that one coming. Easton was signed to play C, so I guess C this year, replace Peat next season?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see McCoy starting at C and Easton a backup or competing with Peat at LG this year, maybenot week 1.... but this job isn’t just gonna be given to Easton IMO