NFL Draft Day Two GDT

Forge

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They were. But I think all three have solid pro careers. They didn’t draft any risky players and three durable starters for several years. Very conservative draft. 

I don’t think they will be busts. I just think they won’t be special. Not a huge Abram fan. 

12 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

How were Jacobs and Abram reaches?  Late 1 - Early 2 is where they were projected all along 

Depends on how hard-line you are on positional value.  I do not doubt that there are NFL people who simply would never take a running back or a safety who is best close to the LOS that high.  From that perspective any two players fitting those descriptions in the 1st round would be too rich.

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

2 down(maybe even 1 down) RB and a Safety who isn't exactly a versatile one.

How is Jacobs on 2 down? He can run inside, outside, and with power. He was also a very good receiver out of the backfield. My concern is that he never really carried the load only getting 10-15 touches a game. While that saves some wear and tear, it also means we don't know how he'll stand up to it.

I personally have a very high bar to take a 1st round RB so I wouldn't take him there. But he has all the abilities I'd look for and I would've taken him in the top of the 2nd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

How is Jacobs on 2 down? He can run inside, outside, and with power. He was also a very good receiver out of the backfield. My concern is that he never really carried the load only getting 10-15 touches a game. While that saves some wear and tear, it also means we don't know how he'll stand up to it.

I personally have a very high bar to take a 1st round RB so I wouldn't take him there. But he has all the abilities I'd look for and I would've taken him in the top of the 2nd.

Is he a good receiver, I didn't see much of it honestly. Not that Alabama has ever really used their backs in that way.

26 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Is he a good receiver, I didn't see much of it honestly. Not that Alabama has ever really used their backs in that way.

Like you said volume isn't there because of the offense. He was actually used as the primary receiving back in 2016 and 2017 as his main job. This past year with Scarborough gone he took up the mantle as the #2 RB and sometimes #1 since he was running much better than D. Harris. But still retained his role as the teams main receiving threat out of the backfield.