Draft Day Thread -Day 2

LoganF89

11 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Why does H Butler keep sliding?

I don't know, but I would be on the phone tonight with Arizona offering up WR Josh Doctson for the #1 pick in 4th Rd. 

Then take WR Hakeem Butler immediately!

Then still have those 2 4th rounders the bills traded to us to go G, FS or ILB.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So essentially, we end up with two fourth round picks for Kirk Cousins. Way to go Bruce! 

Obviously awful that we didn't get at least a 2nd for kurt or more back in 2016 or 2017 but two-fourths is better than just the 96th pick which essentially is a 4th too.

They now have 7 picks today. That's awesome!

Edited by turtle28

I think we are done with the WR route unless its late Day 3. 

Doctson

Richardson

Sims

Quinn

McLaurin

Quick

*Fodder

There are a couple of later round WR’s I like and some that are still on the board that should have been off it like Hakeem Butler. 

David Sills - WVU

Stanly Morgan Jr. - Nebraska

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I think we are done with the WR route unless its late Day 3. 

Doctson

Richardson

Sims

Quinn

McLaurin

Quick

*Fodder

There are a couple of later round WR’s I like and some that are still on the board that should have been off it like Hakeem Butler. 

David Sills - WVU

Stanly Morgan Jr. - Nebraska

Is that list supposed to be impressive? This could easily be Docton's last year here. I think we took Richardson's potential replacement in McLaurin. Brian Quick? lmao

Edited by taylor made

On 4/27/2019 at 7:58 AM, taylor made said:

Is that list supposed to be impressive? This could easily be Docton's last year here. I think we took Richardson's potential replacement in McLaurin. Brian Quick? lmao

I don't think it's about our starters or depth being overly impressive at WR - same with FS - but coaches and FO’S don't expect - like some fans - that a day 3 pick will come in and take a starters job.

The reality is with most day 3 picks you just hope they make the 53 man roster instead of being cut outright or being a practice squad player.

It's pretty clear our top 4 is set at WR (Prich, Doctson, Quinn, McLaurin). Now whether Doctson and PRich are back next year is irrelevant to this year.

Harmon, Sims, Quick, Robert Davis, Chesson, Kidsy (who flashed last preseason like Quinn and Sims) and McBride will battle it out for the last 2 or 3 WR spots.

My guess is we keep 6 guys with Harmon and Sims being the last 2.

Edited by turtle28

On 4/27/2019 at 7:58 AM, taylor made said:

I never said it was impressive.

• Like 1