2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at whom we can put on the field on third down this year as opposed to last year oh my God. 

Very versatile, isn't it?  As in you may not know who is coming or who is dropping.  I love it.  And we aren't done yet.

I forget, who have the Bears drafted so far?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at whom we can put on the field on third down this year as opposed to last year oh my God. 

if i have time, I'm going to look at a PFF improvement points in our guys from 2018 to 2019.

Z Smith over Perry

P Smith over Matthews

Amos over Brice?

College version of Savage over Tramon

College version of Gary over Fackrell

Healthy King over ?

I’m officially hyped.

Trading the Smiths for Clay and Perry

Adding Amos and Savage to the safety spot

Getting a freak athlete for the front seven 

This D looks much better on paper already, and we still have 6 rounds of the draft plus a little cap room to keep improving.  This is the first year in awhile I’m actually not insanely worried about any particular spot.

Just now, Norm said:

When the cop gives me a ticket, I tell him just look at it!

Those videos make me lol every time I watch them.  The way people try to get out of the conversation is the funniest part.  I get plenty of that weirdo talk at work that if someone did that to me when I didn't have to be professional, I would just walk away or do what that one guy sitting on the bench did when he was talking about the sunset. 

The reason it's so funny to me is because I know the pain of the people who feel like they're obligated to carry on a conversation with a person like that.  I say every time I deal with someone like that that I would rather have ten *******s to deal with than one weirdo. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If there's a run on WRs and OL before #44, how would ya'll feel about Thornhill at #44? Could he play slot corner?

Gute in his presser specifically mentioned how Pettine likes to have three safeties on the field in some setups. On that basis any of Thompson/Adderley/Thornhill/CGJ are possible. They are the higher-tier athletic guys, but there are more safeties out there, if you just want a slot guy.

I still think in Gute's mind it's time to balance things out a bit and I'm predicting offense for at least one, and probably both picks on day 2. Of course as always, value on the board plays a part, but Gute cannot let one side (offense/defense) get too old, or too talent-thin.

6 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Gute in his presser specifically mentioned how Pettine likes to have three safeties on the field in some setups. On that basis any of Thompson/Adderley/Thornhill/CGJ are possible. They are the higher-tier athletic guys, but there are more safeties out there, if you just want a slot guy.

I still think in Gute's mind it's time to balance things out a bit and I'm predicting offense for at least one, and probably both picks on day 2. Of course as always, value on the board plays a part, but Gute cannot let one side (offense/defense) get too old, or too talent-thin.

Thanks, 1265. I'm intrigued by Thornhill because of his versatility. He played some CB, didn't he? I agree offense has to take priority today, but IF WR and OL are depleted, Thornhill might be a good consolation prize. Round three has to be TE then. 

Edited by Mr. Fussnputz

35 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Honestly if we're looking for a third safety, I'd be looking at Rapp. He doesn't have Savage's 40 but he demonstrated on film the ability to play single high. That would free up both Amos/Savage to make plays underneath. I 100% don't believe we're going safety in the second though, but it's interesting to think about.

• Like 1