2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Well then you argue against my All Pro argument which also tells me it’s more than a slight comment . 

I can say that a certain old, overweight, orange fella says vile stuff about people who don’t look like him. Everyone knows what and who I’m talking about but I’m not explicitly saying it, meaning I can pivot from it and have the slightest ounce of plausible deniability.

Be careful, @Golfman is gonna come for you for going at his boy.

What is there to say? the All-Pro teams on the offensive line are all about PFF grades. Bakhtiari will always be a PFF guy both due to his playstyle and because they were "first" on him. It's similar to how they grade a lot of dudes who were lower drafted and came up to succeed. Bad runs for Bakhtiari have a tendency to get graded as neutrals by them. 

Bakhtiari is a fantastic offensive lineman, one of the best in the league, but he's not a great run blocker by any stretch of the imagination. Which is more than fine, you will definitely give up the run game for elite pass protection out of a LT.

But again, I just want to emphasize, we have a Tackle who went a full quarter of a season without giving up a single pressure in pass protection, and we have posters with a straight face talking about 2 year/12 million dollar contracts like that isn't the dumbest thing in the world. 

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Yes! A tenth of a second makes a big difference on a lot of plays. Wasn't a perfect rep by any means, but it was a good rep. That rep may lead to more reps against the Vikings. I hope he gets at least 20 next week, 30 would be better. One, he needs them and two the Smiths need some plays off. 

That was not the question that was asked and you know it. 

31 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

As King gets healthier and his snap count increases, who do you think is coming off the field? I really don't think it will be Tramon, at least in the early season.  Raven Greene played really well against the Bears.  Tony Brown had a clean game against the Bears, his problem as a rookie was penalties.  And what does this log-jam do for Josh Jackson and Ka'dar Hollman?

Has to be Tony Brown, right?

Brown started on the outside and King replaced him there while on his snap count. Tramon played I believe every snap from the slot.

I love Tony's athleticism and enthusiasm but technique-wise I think he still has some growing to do.

As for Jackson and Hollman, I fear Jackson may not be best suited for the press man scheme that Pettine seems to be favoring so don't really know what his role is at this point. Backing up Tramon in the slot?

As for rookie 6th rounder Hollman, I view him as a promising project rather than someone we should rely upon in 2019.

However, if King can stay healthy, the Pack may have what it has not had in years, legitimately talented depth at CB.

Edited by TheOnlyThing

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

As King gets healthier and his snap count increases, who do you think is coming off the field? I really don't think it will be Tramon, at least in the early season.  Raven Greene played really well against the Bears.  Tony Brown had a clean game against the Bears, his problem as a rookie was penalties.  And what does this log-jam do for Josh Jackson and Ka'dar Hollman?

Tony Brown started in place of Kevin King, and Brown did give up some plays, so he will get less playing time if King stays healthy. I think Josh Jackson and Ka'dar Hollman are a long way from being reliable backups at this point, and Chandon Sullivan is probably ahead of Hollman and maybe Jackson too. After Brown, there may be a big dip in competence, at least in the short term. I would rather not get too deep into the CB rotation for awhile. 

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Never said they were facts.

Never said Bulaga is better than Bakhtiari. Merely pointing out that it's been 5 games since the player many consider to be the best tackle in the league outplayed a guy that many are trying to get rid of next year, or think is going to resign for 2/12. 

The Bears blew a stunt. That's all it was. Gary could have been Fackrell, could have been Clay Matthews, could've been Shea McClellin. Could have been Vic So'oto there is nothing that he did in that play that a replacement level edge rusher isn't doing.

WHY IS SAYING THIS SO ******* OFFENSIVE.

Holy ****. I get some of you don't like AG by my ******* god, this isn't sacrilegious. It's just what happened. Go ask any impartial body out there that has any sort of football IQ, this is what you are going to see. 

lol, didn't realize there was so much cussing there. LOLing at the couple ignore list drops, I added 3 guys just from the last 3 pages. Just tired of the same dudes who claim to have watched football since the year 5000 BC who still don't know **** about it, rant and rave about people who do because it gets them all offended that someone actually might know more than they do about as something as freaking trivial as the NFL. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

WHY IS SAYING THIS SO ******* OFFENSIVE.

Holy ****. I get some of you don't like AG by my ******* god, this isn't sacrilegious. It's just what happened. Go ask any impartial body out there that has any sort of football IQ, this is what you are going to see. 

lol, didn't realize there was so much cussing there. LOLing at the couple ignore list drops, I added 3 guys just from the last 3 pages. Just tired of the same dudes who claim to have watched football since the year 5000 BC who still don't know **** about it, rant and rave about people who do because it gets them all offended that someone actually might know more than they do about as some as freaking trivial as the NFL. 

You okay bruh?

On 9/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, HighCalebR said:

That's fair, who doesn't? But it didn't HAVE to be Gary there, it could've been Ramsey and the outcome would've been similar MOST LIKELY. I hope Gary has much better highlights throughout the course of this season. I can't wait until there's something to absolutely sploosh over.

What the hell is with this "it could've been ANYBODY" trash? Cool. Thanks for sharing. It was Gary in this play and it was a great play by him. That is literally all that's being pointed out. Trying to downplay it just shows an agenda. And it is an agenda because why else try to downplay instead of just staying out of the discussion? Don't want to be called out? Say nothing. Being smug douchebags because you think you know more than others (you and AG really don't, sorry) just turns people off from posting here. 

And the fact mods just let it happen speaks volumes. How about some bans for these cocky *******s for a change?

Edited by WaitWhat
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

What the hell is with this "it could've been ANYBODY" trash? Cool. Thanks for sharing. It was Gary in this play and it was a great play by him. That is literally all that's being pointed out. Trying to downplay it just shows an agenda. And it is an agenda because why else try to downplay instead of just staying out of the discussion? Don't want to be called out? Say nothing. Being smug douchebags because you think you know more than others (you and AG really don't, sorry) just turns people off from posting here. 

And the fact mods just let it happen speaks volumes. How about some bans for these cocky *******s for a change?

Except it wasn't a great play. It was the equivalent of an unblocked QB hit.

Why are you trying to make it a great play?

30 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

And it is an agenda because why else try to downplay instead of just staying out of the discussion? Don't want to be called out? Say nothing.

What the...  you just want a circle of clapping monkeys on a forum?  AG’s comments are about one play where he thinks the OL play was more of a contributing factor to the outcome than anything gary did.  Its not a bad opinion at all. Anyone freaking out over his opinion is just too desperate for something.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

What the hell is with this "it could've been ANYBODY" trash?

Good post.

What about ANYBODY who played OLB in Green Bay recently?

Clay still possessed a burst and thus MAY have gotten there last season the same way Gary did on Thursday.

Gilbert & Perry? 

No way to know for sure, but I certainly don't recall either displaying similar bursts from either of them any time recently when rushing the passer, stun or no stunt.

Brooks and Odom two of our 2017 pass rushing OLBs?

No way on Ahmad he had no burst left at all and who the H knows about mystery man Odom.

Biegel? Yeah, right.

Fackrell gets a no comment from me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Be careful, @Golfman is gonna come for you for going at his boy.

What is there to say? the All-Pro teams on the offensive line are all about PFF grades. Bakhtiari will always be a PFF guy both due to his playstyle and because they were "first" on him. It's similar to how they grade a lot of dudes who were lower drafted and came up to succeed. Bad runs for Bakhtiari have a tendency to get graded as neutrals by them. 

Bakhtiari is a fantastic offensive lineman, one of the best in the league, but he's not a great run blocker by any stretch of the imagination. Which is more than fine, you will definitely give up the run game for elite pass protection out of a LT.

But again, I just want to emphasize, we have a Tackle who went a full quarter of a season without giving up a single pressure in pass protection, and we have posters with a straight face talking about 2 year/12 million dollar contracts like that isn't the dumbest thing in the world. 

Bruh

Golf was an idiot for saying he would leave a 4th round wide receiver off the practice squad...

I'm saying with a straight face that if Bulaga is presented with a 2 year deal that is close to fully guaranteed from the Packers, yeah he'll have to consider it.  Of course he could get more elsewhere, but he could also tear an ACL, blow out a hip, or throw out his back in week 2 this year.  Bulaga is fantastic when he's healthy.  But he's not healthy very often.  If a team is willing to pay hit top 5 money at the position for multiple years, would you match it?