2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

1 hour ago, WaitWhat said:

What the hell is with this "it could've been ANYBODY" trash? Cool. Thanks for sharing. It was Gary in this play and it was a great play by him. That is literally all that's being pointed out. Trying to downplay it just shows an agenda. And it is an agenda because why else try to downplay instead of just staying out of the discussion? Don't want to be called out? Say nothing. Being smug douchebags because you think you know more than others (you and AG really don't, sorry) just turns people off from posting here. 

And the fact mods just let it happen speaks volumes. How about some bans for these cocky *******s for a change?

"When I post my opinions here, people disagree with me. I don't want them to do that."

- You

3 hours ago, Norm said:

"When I post my opinions here, people disagree with me. I don't want them to do that."

- You

Gees, you're being super nasty. 

Earlier you made some fair comments. You were asked some followup questions to continue the conversation, but you chose to ignore those questions and decided to go on the attack instead. I'm sure you feel entitled to that, but that's not really the case. 

8 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Gees, you're being super nasty. 

Earlier you made some fair comments. You were asked some followup questions to continue the conversation, but you chose to ignore those questions and decided to go on the attack instead. I'm sure you feel entitled to that, but that's not really the case. 

I totally stopped reading the thread. It was clear nobody was going to see eye to eye.

I didn't go on the attack. The dude legit begged the mods to ban people for disagreeing because it "makes him not want to post." Oh no, you poor little victim. How can he go on with life??? Eff that crap.

Nobody who calls for the mods to ban people because they don't praise every post you make is going to get my sympathy.

Nothing said to him was anywhere near ban worthy. He's just a sensitive little guy who can't handle someone who knows more than him disagreeing and other people agreeing with it. 

It happens online all the time. Poor little victims everywhere...

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, snackattack said:

What the...  you just want a circle of clapping monkeys on a forum?  AG’s comments are about one play where he thinks the OL play was more of a contributing factor to the outcome than anything gary did.  Its not a bad opinion at all. Anyone freaking out over his opinion is just too desperate for something.

That's some nice double speak pretense you got going there. The only posters I see freaking out are the group thinkers quarreling over entitled agenda speak.

Ag did't claim the OL play was more of a factor in the play, he claimed "that's all it was", which is 100% wrong and just spin to fit his agenda to discredit and hate Gary.

I've broken the play down, others have hit on some things, but there's been no counter points. Just some hot take statements with nothing to back them up. I'll quickly review it again just so it's in the recent discussion. First, we're not even sure if it was a stunt. For all we know, Gary saw a hole and ran through it. Lowry took an outside gap, but that happens in all types of rushes. Gary was the only player on a clear delayed loop. But, for argument sake, well assume it was a one man loop; it happens.

The fact is the Bear OL did there job on Gary. The guy who actually got a break on the play was Smith when his OT (Leno) lost balance to his left and Smith ran right by him to his right for an unchecked hit on Trubinsky. It's interesting no one brought this up about Smith's pressure, yet some posters are desperately trying to discredit Gary's pressure.

LIS, the Bears OL did there job on Gary. The Packers four rushers all moved up field, so the Bears committed to man on man blocking just like they should have. Gary was four (4) yards up field, got hit and jolted by the OT (Massie) then sprinted to the QB for the hit and pressure. A lot of edge guys would have been finished after the move up field and OT hit, but not Gary. He has the freakish athletic ability to recover and move to the QB.

The only thing that could be spun as an error helping Gary was the center (Daniels) didn't move to pick him up. But, when breaking down the play, the center played it properly. He was covering the middle and saw Fackrell before Gary, so he just started to shadow towards Frack, like he should have. Then Gary burst by him.

That's it.

I imagine those facts will continue to be ignored, or more hot take statements (the Bears OL messed up or anyone could have done what Gary did) without verification will continue to be the response from the group thinkers and haters. There may be some more vitriolic nonsense, too... So be it.

8 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

It isn't crazy by any measure to say Bulaga has played as well, if not better, through a stretch than Bahk. And Bahk69 is one of my favorite guys in the league. 

Well of course not. Is anyone actually saying that's crazy?

What's silly is perpetuating questions about the fantastic Bulaga being better than the great Bakhtiari, then making things up to back up the validity of that question.

4 minutes ago, Donzo said:

That's some nice double speak pretense you got going there. The only posters I see freaking out are the group thinkers quarreling over entitled agenda speak.

Ag did't claim the OL play was more of a factor in the play, he claimed "that's all it was", which is 100% wrong and just spin to fit his agenda to discredit and hate Gary.

I've broken the play down, others have hit on some things, but there's been no counter points. Just some hot take statements with nothing to back them up. I'll quickly review it again just so it's in the recent discussion. First, we're not even sure if it was a stunt. For all we know, Gary saw a hole and ran through it. Lowry took an outside gap, but that happens in all types of rushes. Gary was the only player on a clear delayed loop. But, for argument sake, well assume it was a one man loop; it happens.

The fact is the Bear OL did there job on Gary. The guy who actually got a break on the play was Smith when his OT (Leno) lost balance to his left and Smith ran right by him to his right for an unchecked hit on Trubinsky. It's interesting no one brought this up about Smith's pressure, yet some posters are desperately trying to discredit Gary's pressure.

LIS, the Bears OL did there job on Gary. The Packers four rushers all moved up field, so the Bears committed to man on man blocking just like they should have. Gary was four (4) yards up field, got hit and jolted by the OT (Massie) then sprinted to the QB for the hit and pressure. A lot of edge guys would have been finished after the move up field and OT hit, but not Gary. He has the freakish athletic ability to recover and move to the QB.

The only thing that could be spun as an error helping Gary was the center (Daniels) didn't move to pick him up. But, when breaking down the play, the center played it properly. He was covering the middle and saw Fackrell before Gary, so he just started to shadow towards Frack, like he should have. Then Gary burst by him.

That's it.

I imagine those facts will continue to be ignored, or more hot take statements (the Bears OL messed up or anyone could have done what Gary did) without verification will continue to be the response from the group thinkers and haters. There may be some more vitriolic nonsense, too... So be it.

So the disagreement lies in how athletic of a move it was to get back inside?

How the hell would I even argue such a thing? I couldn't. And I wouldn't either.

If the center is more aware we never ever talk about the stunt being athletic. We only care because he got to the QB. 

He's obviously very athletic for his size. But that pLay doesn't do anything FOR ME

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think you’re being incredibly dishonest. 

How many games in a row does Bulaga have to be better than Bakhtiari before we pose the question who's better?” 

That insinuates much much more than what you just said. You don’t have to explicitly say things to have the same meaning. 

Good stuff.

This is the nonsense you're going to get from him. He posts semantics to bait or trap posters into circle jerk debates, like with Gary and Bakhtiari/Bulaga. It's just so silly.

I just read some of his Bakhtiari silliness and I literally shook my head.  He claimed PFF is making the call for Pro Bowl linemen and that Bahk is PFF's guy because they were first on him- that's such BS it's hard to believe someone would say that. First, PFF has nothing to do with his three Pro Bowls, and PFF has been anything but friendly to Bakhtiari.

The very thing that started me to turn on PFF is when they gave Bahk a -7 or -8 in the opening game against the Seahawks in 2017, which was ridiculous. I don't want to get bogged down on the details with that, it was just a ridiculous grade. But, he's PFF's guy- lol.

As we've talked about for over a day now, Bulaga has been excellent for the Packers. It's just, like we all know, his best years don't match up to Bakhtiari's and Bakhtiari's best years are actually ahead of him. The Packers are blessed to have both of them.

On to next week when the Packers get revenge against the vikes for last years week 2 travesty in Lambeau. 

10 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Good stuff.

This is the nonsense you're going to get from him. He posts semantics to bait or trap posters into circle jerk debates, like with Gary and Bakhtiari/Bulaga. It's just so silly.

I just read some of his Bakhtiari silliness and I literally shook my head.  He claimed PFF is making the call for Pro Bowl linemen and that Bahk is PFF's guy because they were first on him- that's such BS it's hard to believe someone would say that. First, PFF has nothing to do with his three Pro Bowls, and PFF has been anything but friendly to Bakhtiari.

The very thing that started me to turn on PFF is when they gave Bahk a -7 or -8 in the opening game against the Seahawks in 2017, which was ridiculous. I don't want to get bogged down on the details with that, it was just a ridiculous grade. But, he's PFF's guy- lol.

As we've talked about for over a day now, Bulaga has been excellent for the Packers. It's just, like we all know, his best years don't match up to Bakhtiari's and Bakhtiari's best years are actually ahead of him. The Packers are blessed to have both of them.

On to next week when the Packers get revenge against the vikes for last years week 2 travesty in Lambeau. 

And then he was their first team all pro LT, their BEST LT, he was their highest graded OT last year. In 2016 he was their 20th best player, 3rd overall OL, second overall tackle, couple spots behind Trent Williams. (Looks like Whitworth was ahead too, so 4th OL, 3rd OT but still "second team" on their LT all pro list)

Pretty sure what you said about SEA is bull**** since I think they stopped using the grading like you quoted before 2017. But IDK how to figure that out for sure. I don't have elite anymore.

For the king of everything that is right and truthful, you're kind of full of ****.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

Bakhtiari-David-Career-pass-blocking-gra

Then number one again in 18. Anything but friendly though from one game that was probably later adjusted after they graded the all 22 tape and took their time, early tv tape grades vary all over before they do th at.

Edited by Norm