2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Or it was LaFleur who told Pettine to start playing this bend but don't break bull**** and we have a much bigger problem than we realize lol.

Unofficial sourcing has it that Murphy told MLF to tell Pettine..................................

:)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, I’m sick of defensive coordinators with a philosophy of bend, don’t break.  I want a defensive coordinator with a philosophy of don’t bend don’t break.  Bend don’t break isn’t even working since we lead the league in explosive plays.  If we’re gonna suck at that anyway, it’s time to send more blitzes.

I feel vindicated right now for being the only one who didn’t want Pettine back.  As a general rule, I don’t like having former head coaches, either.  I feel like they’re prone to be content with where they’re at.  I want a coordinator angling for a head coaching position.  

Leslie Frazier, Gregg Williams (who is about to be an interim head coach for the second straight season), Steve Wilks, Romeo Crennel, Steve Spagnuolo, Gus Bradley, Rod Marinelli, Jim Schwartz, Chuck Pagano, Dennis Allen, Todd Bowles, Vance Joseph, and Wade Phillips are all leading defenses to varying degrees of success. I don't think there's really any evidence besides that feeling.

An additional infusion of talent will help. I think Pettine is still a bit limited by our options on the DL. Though some self scouting certainly can't hurt over the bye...after CMC runs and catches for 450 yards this Sunday.

44 minutes ago, Striker said:

Leslie Frazier, Gregg Williams (who is about to be an interim head coach for the second straight season), Steve Wilks, Romeo Crennel, Steve Spagnuolo, Gus Bradley, Rod Marinelli, Jim Schwartz, Chuck Pagano, Dennis Allen, Todd Bowles, Vance Joseph, and Wade Phillips are all leading defenses to varying degrees of success. I don't think there's really any evidence besides that feeling.

An additional infusion of talent will help. I think Pettine is still a bit limited by our options on the DL. Though some self scouting certainly can't hurt over the bye...after CMC runs and catches for 450 yards this Sunday.

We’ve already invested a decades worth of 1st and 2nd round picks into the defense, as well as all of our excess cap room via FA’s this offseason.  We’ve given him enough talent.  We need to invest in the offense.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I'll go ahead and say it...

Martinez is the proverbial "JAG". 

Useful and gets the job somewhat done, but not a field-tilting player you sign to a big contract.

Don't think anyone would disagree. Pettine's scheme is tough on an ILB. At his best Blake is an above average ILB. At his worst, he's thinking instead of playing and lost in the wash.

Bulaga needs to be the priority this off-season. If we strikeout on our top targets in FA and Blake is still around, give him a call. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I wouldn’t even know what to think or how to watch an elite level ILB.  I have literally never seen one play in GB.  If Pettine keeps up this same crap and one is available in our 22-32 range, I’m not even mad anymore.

Des Bishop in the SB year was pretty damn close.