2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

I'd say that the Smith bros, and maybe Tramon Williams have exceeded expectations on defense.  Outside of that I think everyone else is capable of playing better.  I think now that Amos seems to be back to regular role the secondary is going to show vast improvement down the stretch.  That addition of Campbell helps solidify things on the back end.  Perhaps we will also get Raven Greene back at some point  Savage is getting healthy .. we know that Alexander can turn things up another notch.  On the Dline we saw a great game from Kenny Clark last week .. more of the same should be expected.  You have to like the health status on D .. should see some quality performances from here on out.

• Like 1

Also, props to Fackrell because the step he took last year is legitimate.  He's winning his rushes even more often than he was last year, and he's still as sturdy in coverage as ever.  He's an up and down run defender but I can't even call it a weakness; he's at least average and he has the ability to make flash plays (though if he could just freaking close a tackle for loss out I'd really be a lot happier).  He's certainly not going to get paid here, and he probably won't pick-up a big market contract at this point, but he's turned into a damn fine NFL player, especially for a 3rd round pick.  For all the heat he's taken in his career, good to see him keep grinding.

• Like 3

Fackrell is a bit of a one trick pony but that pony can ride.  There is a place for his kind in todays NFL.  Agree, that being said it won't be with us next year.  As the year goes on I expect to see more of both Fackrell and Gary worked in.  We need to keep the Smith bros somewhat fresh for the post season.  Won't happen in contested 4th qtr games, here's hoping with our remaining schedule it indeed will.  We seem to have more weaker opponents left than stronger.  Anything can and will happen on any given Sunday though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 15412 said:

Fackrell is a bit of a one trick pony but that pony can ride.  There is a place for his kind in todays NFL.  Agree, that being said it won't be with us next year.  As the year goes on I expect to see more of both Fackrell and Gary worked in.  We need to keep the Smith bros somewhat fresh for the post season.  Won't happen in contested 4th qtr games, here's hoping with our remaining schedule it indeed will.  We seem to have more weaker opponents left than stronger.  Anything can and will happen on any given Sunday though.

Fackrell is the opposite of a one trick pony? His thing is versatility?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fackrell is the opposite of a one trick pony? His thing is versatility?

+1.  He might be the best coverage guy of the front 7.  He just happened to accumulate 10 sacks last year.

With the season he is having he just might be back at a very reasonable salary.  Before the year began I didn't think it was possible, but he is a unique piece in MP's defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

+1.  He might be the best coverage guy of the front 7.  He just happened to accumulate 10 sacks last year.

With the season he is having he just might be back at a very reasonable salary.  Before the year began I didn't think it was possible, but he is a unique piece in MP's defense.

resigning him to something reasonable like a 4/$20-24 mil. would be ideal IMHO.