2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

18 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah, whatever total defense means!

Anyway there's plenty of reasons why the defense was bad last year.  But that doesn't mean they will avoid a spell of injuries or poor play this year either.

I don't think it's blind optimism because I like the moves.  But this could be a much better defense with only a slightly better record.

Defense could be better and the record could be better, worse or same.  Since the offense and ST also will factor into how the W/L record ends up.  As you noted, injuries to some players on O, bad play, poor play calling, coach/QB issues, etc.  

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

House played 2.5 games

Man, I forgot about him.

Someone on here (I really can't remember who) convinced me that he was a very good corner in Jacksonville and that scheme (I think) worked against him.  But, he should be very solid here.

Too bad that didn't turn out for us.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Someone on here (I really can't remember who) convinced me that he was a very good corner in Jacksonville and that scheme (I think) worked against him.  But, he should be very solid here. Too bad that didn't turn out for us.

I was in that camp. He was really good his first year in Jville, so so when they went more zone his 2nd season.

I thought his reunion with the Packers was an excellent move. He was OK in 2017 and got hurt early last year. Just didn't pan out... It was definitely time to move on from him.