2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

On 8/15/2019 at 5:15 PM, skibrett15 said:

so for context... this squad needs to improve from bottom 5 to top 10. 

When is the last time that happened?  Does it happen often?

by what measure were we bottom 5 last year?  we were 18th in yards and 22nd in scoring.  Are you looking at DVOA?

Looking at DVOA, Dallas and Indy respectively went from 25th and 27th (2017) to 9th and 10th (2018).  New Orleans and Washington went from 31st and 25th (2016) to 8th and 11th (2017).  New York Giants and San Diego went from 30th and 28th (2015) to 2nd and 7th (2016).

Ha ha... I love BT’s style. And I think it’s fine to talk about him in this thread because he looks at the Packer’s defense every day at practice. 

My son is kind of against the grain like that. In high school he and a friend went through a phase where they spent stupid money trying to out-do each other by buying T-shirts with Native American princesses petting wolves kind of graphics. As a football player, that takes stones. 

20 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Ha ha... I love BT’s style. And I think it’s fine to talk about him in this thread because he looks at the Packer’s defense every day at practice. 

My son is kind of against the grain like that. In high school he and a friend went through a phase where they spent stupid money trying to out-do each other by buying T-shirts with Native American princesses petting wolves kind of graphics. As a football player, that takes stones. 

Ha is your son 27? That was a pretty big thing while I was in school.

Sorry—I am the human off ramp when it comes to thread discipline.

I think the defense will do well tonight against Oakland. First of all, they have been scolded about tackling issues for two weeks. Secondly, the secondary! Without a running threat at quarterback they will get more chances to get themselves off the field on third and longs. 

12 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Yeah...he’s 25.

I think it was really a callow youth thing intended to make fun of the people who wore them for real. Walmart had racks and racks of them.

Ohh for sure ironic. Good stuff.

Ha I'm the worst at not drifting in threads too.

Edited by HighCalebR