Sign in to follow this  
Magnus-Viktor

Trading 2 3rds for pick 47

I think that's approximately where trading 66 and 83 would get us according to a trade chart.  Would you package those 2 to move up and get a guy if one slid to that point?  If so, who?

I was thinking Greedy Williams would be one.  DK Metcalf as well.  Guys with high ceilings at need positions.  Byron Murphy maybe too.  Dalton Risner?  Not an immediate need, but he'd sure be looking good next year or if someone got hurt.  

I doubt they'll do it since they'll want 2 instead of 1 and it probably about killed them to actually move up yesterday.  But it's win-now with Ben's age IMO.  If you can get a difference maker, do it.  

At this point, I think they'll sit tight and take two 3rd round picks.  They might use one of their 6th rounders to move up in the 4th, but only if there is a real good punter. :/

I'm completely fine waiting to see which corner falls to pick 66.  After giving up draft capital in the first, I think its the right move to sit still and see what comes to us.  Our major need positions (Safety, WR, CB) are all fairly deep this class so I suspect there will be some 2nd round value in the third. 

If Greedy Williams falls towards the mid 40's I'd jump for joy over a trade up to get him.

An instant and productive starter at MLB and CB!?!

A++++++ draft 

I'm inclined to agree that they'll sit there and wait and they'll get some 2nd round talent falling to 3.  I do question if there are any CBs that will contribute much after there's the inevitable run early tonight.  Maybe the signing of Nelson makes waiting for a guy like Isaiah Johnson in the 3rd round to develop a plausible strategy instead of being forced to draft a guy that can contribute now like Byron Murphy & Greedy Williams.  I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't take Greedy given the chance though.  

1 minute ago, steelcurtain29 said:

If Greedy Williams falls towards the mid 40's I'd jump for joy over a trade up to get him.

A++++++ draft 

That's what I'm thinking.  The only problem is no WR or much depth until 4, but 2 potential studs at need positions is huge.  Much better than just depth.

3 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

A++++++ draft 

We'd have to go out and sign a TE in that case. That's not terrible and it may be worth it to get a stud ILB and CB. Greedy kind of worries me, though.