Official: Dolphins trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, Roninho said:

Yeah i guess i messed up. It was meant to be sarcastic, but looking back it looks like how you described it. And for the record: no i do not think they traded up for someone they thought would fail :D

I think I understand what you were trying to get at, was just giving you a hard time lol. No one is a guarantee, even if you do trade up for them, and if you truly believe Rosen has no future with your team, it's best to cut ties and move on. I just don't think it's likely that the Cardinals have enough information to make that decision.

• Like 1

I heard on a podcast that at some QB camp, he'd question the guy coaching after everything that he deemed a bit too simple. Coach apparently felt rubbed up the wrong way, but essentially, Rosen was too smart for his schtick. Comes across as abrupt or whatever, but ultimately he's just too smart for basic beaches. 

According to...I think it was Danny Kelly of Ringer, or something. 

If that's his 'character flaw' then it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Hunter2_1

I don’t see him beating out Fitzpatrick which is going to ruin their tank. The dolphins want the number one pick but fitz is gonna play well enough to screw them out of it. Instead of going 2-14 they’ll probably go 5-11

Edited by CP3MVP

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I heard on a podcast that at some QB camp, he'd question the guy coaching after everything that he deemed a bit too simple. Coach apparently felt rubbed up the wrong way, but essentially, Rosen was too smart for his schtick. Comes across as abrupt or whatever, but ultimately he's just too smart for basic beaches. 

According to...I think it was Danny Kelly of Ringer, or something. 

If that's his 'character flaw' then it's not the end of the world.

It sounds exactly like Rodgers actually.

Edited by Xenos

3 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I don’t see him beating out Fitzpatrick which is going to ruin their tank. The dolphins want the number one pick but fitz is gonna play well enough to screw them out of it. Instead of going 2-14 they’ll probably go 5-11

No one that represents the Dolphins have said "Hey we're tanking". There's been reports and not much else.

With that being said, 5-11 is near what history says is the record new head coaches should go if they want to pan out. Anything less than 5 wins usually isn't good for a coach's outlook. I'd rather a good coach/staff than Tua.

4 hours ago, Ajayii said:

No one that represents the Dolphins have said "Hey we're tanking". There's been reports and not much else.

With that being said, 5-11 is near what history says is the record new head coaches should go if they want to pan out. Anything less than 5 wins usually isn't good for a coach's outlook. I'd rather a good coach/staff than Tua.

The Dolphins don't need Tua. Rosen is going to be a good starting QB for them. Tua will prove to be a decent prospect, but not a slam-dunk #1 overall pick like some are pimping him to be. He looked downright bad in several games last year and has made his name on shredding apart some bad teams. Yeah he's played well against good teams too, but I've seen a ton of concerning tape from him despite playing with an embarrassment of riches on that offense. I think Jake Fromm ends up the top QB, trailed by Justin Herbert. Then Tua. All will go in the top 15-20 picks, but I don't buy into the crazy tank for Tua hype.

The Dolphins roster is pretty barren though. They needed to reconstruct the roster, dump the overpriced veterans, and acquire more youth even at the expense of downgrading. They have done that. They're going to be a bottom 5 team in the NFL, but I wouldn't put that blame on Rosen and anoint Tua the savior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

The Dolphins don't need Tua. Rosen is going to be a good starting QB for them. Tua will prove to be a decent prospect, but not a slam-dunk #1 overall pick like some are pimping him to be. He looked downright bad in several games last year and has made his name on shredding apart some bad teams. Yeah he's played well against good teams too, but I've seen a ton of concerning tape from him despite playing with an embarrassment of riches on that offense. I think Jake Fromm ends up the top QB, trailed by Justin Herbert. Then Tua. All will go in the top 15-20 picks, but I don't buy into the crazy tank for Tua hype.

The Dolphins roster is pretty barren though. They needed to reconstruct the roster, dump the overpriced veterans, and acquire more youth even at the expense of downgrading. They have done that. They're going to be a bottom 5 team in the NFL, but I wouldn't put that blame on Rosen and anoint Tua the savior.

If the dolphins finish bottom 5 they are drafting a qb 

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

"Different" doesn't mean it's good. The Browns had Brandon Weeden as their QB and then put in a "different" starter in Johnny Manziel. Problem solved!

Yeah, I worded it that way on purpose. Just wanted to point out that using last year's line as a reference makes no sense. And the idea that we didn't do anything to upgrade the line is kinda dumb. We traded for Marcus Gilbert, signed Sweezy, Pugh is going back to his original position LG and should start the year healthy, and Humphries was hurt most of the year last year. And Shipley missed all of last year (tho he might not syart this year). So our whole line should be upgraded from late round rookies or street FAs.

Edited by 11sanchez11