Official: Dolphins trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

I did not watch any of Rosens games last year so I am asking Cardinals fans did he at anytime have the look of a starting NFL QB or was it a train wreck every game. The last thing Miami needs is another Tannehill and from what little I have seen that is who Rosen reminds me of.

1 minute ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I did not watch any of Rosens games last year so I am asking Cardinals fans did he at anytime have the look of a starting NFL QB or was it a train wreck every game. The last thing Miami needs is another Tannehill and from what little I have seen that is who Rosen reminds me of.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

So wrong! They haven't even took to the field yet with the new coach and massively different defensive scheme. Some of those underperforming players might shine in a new system. Saw it happen so many times in the past. 

I don't know much about Rosen though, other than the 2018 hype. Can't remember ever watching him play. 

We'll have to agree to disagree here but I just don't have the energy for this level of optimism anymore. I don't know how anyone can objectively look the Dolphins roster right now and not come to the same conclusion.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The 2019 Dolphins are, overall, the least talented team in the NFL during my time of following the sport. That includes two 0-16 teams.

Whoever says otherwise either doesn't know our current roster or is a massive homer.

Our roster consists of a high potential LT, three decent players in the secondary (one of which is declining and quit on the team last season), and, as of yesterday, a DT with some nice potential. Outside of those areas, Miami is a literal dumpster fire. Lack of star power across the board, with most of our penciled-in starters being dudes who would struggle to earn a roster spot on any decent team.

Dolphins have a bad roster, but I think you are being extreme.

If they find a #2 CB, they move Fitz to FS and McCann back to the slot. Now they have a good secondary on paper. Howard is a Pro Bowler and Fitz is going to be a stud and future Pro Bowler. McCann is good in the slot (sucks outside). Jones is declining, but his role will be helped when they get better upfront. He just needs to be half of what he used to be. 

The LBs are too young to fully have a good read on them and you are being too harsh on them. McMillan played better as the season went on and Baker showed a lot of flashes. They are very young. We do need a new LB at some point though. Kiko can't cover for crap, but he's a solid player and he makes plays. He's a leader. Vincent Taylor and Davon Godchaux have shown flashes. With Christian Wilkins, we're starting to find young pieces in the middle. The defense still needs DEs badly though. The jury is still out on Charles Harris. We have to remember how awful the coaching of the defense has been. Matt Burke was a dumpster fire of a coach. Absolute garbage. He tarnished so many player's ability to improve by his ****ty scheme. The defense will be a lot better I'd assume with just Flores and the new staff alone. Burke was that bad. 

We desperately need a QB. No doubt. How are we a dumpster fire at RB? Drake and Ballage have a ton of potential and are home run threats. Stills, Grant, and Wilson are solid WRs who make big plays. Wilson and Grant got hurt. They were playing well before their injuries. Parker is a bust, but he still has good talent if he would grow up.  Gesicki is only in his 2nd year. It's too early to say he's a dumpster fire. I absolutely agree about the O-line outside Tunsil. Our starters were hot garbage. James was decent at best. It needed to be blown up. 

The Dolphin are going to be picking in the top 10 next year, but there's good young pieces on this roster. They've done well in the draft recently for the most part. It's not a good roster, but it's not 10 years away from being good either. 

Edited by Lilseb93
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We'll have to agree to disagree here but I just don't have the energy for this level of optimism anymore. I don't know how anyone can objectively look the Dolphins roster right now and not come to the same conclusion.

Unless you weren't around for the 2007 Dolphins, your statement isn't even correct for worst DOLPHINS team of all time.  Go back and look at that roster.  Putrid.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Unless you weren't around for the 2007 Dolphins, your statement isn't even correct for worst DOLPHINS team of all time.  Go back and look at that roster.  Putrid.

I remember the 2007 Dolphins.

I think the 2019 Dolphins is worse at this stage of the offseason. 2007 was decimated by injuries. It was also a terrible team, granted, but there were parts that weren't horrible.

It's pretty darn close, at any rate.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Hopefully it works out.  I'd just like for once in my time following football for the Patriots to have a legitimate threat in the division, and I feel like the Dolphins, Jets and Bills are closer to being that than people give them credit for if their respective quarterbacks work out. 

The Dolphins aren't completely devoid of talent like the Cardinals were.  I was going to try to prove my point, but then I actually looked at the Dolphins roster.  Also, I've said for a long time that I think Rosen is Blaine Gabbert.  Dolphins are going to continue sucking. 

What? O.o

1 hour ago, Dolphinmeister said:

When he had a clean pocket (Which was very rare) he looked like he had all of the makings of an actual NFL QB