Official: Dolphins trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

yes, it is an answer.

you are pushing the assertion that the opinions of the dudes at PFF are worth more than mine. Burden of proof is in your corner, my friend.

and no pff doesn't put on film worth squat - theyve posted grades hours after a game when coaches tape is unavailable. ever since collinsworthless bought the site its just for entertainment. I'd almost put more stock into madden grades tbh

Some guy on the internet, or a company whose job it is to evaluate players, hm. 

Did you watch any film on Rosen last year? (rhetorical question, I know the answer). Maybe do yourself a favor and look at film instead of just googling some numbers.

1 minute ago, Breesus mode said:

Some guy on the internet, or a company whose job it is to evaluate players, hm. 

Did you watch any film on Rosen last year? (rhetorical question, I know the answer). Maybe do yourself a favor and look at film instead of just googling some numbers.

I watched Cardinals games last season. Rosen looked like hot garbage.

Please prove pff watches film (they dont).

Even if they do, their opinions are just opinions.

Btw, their opinion is actually the same as mine: Rosen is straight up trash... they graded him 49.1

• Like 1

Btw, their opinion is actually the same as mine: Rosen is straight up trash.

They at least watched some film. You're regurgitating second hand opinions and numbers. And he really isn't, considering he was a rookie in an awful situation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

They at least watched some film. You're regurgitating second hand opinions and numbers. And he really isn't, considering he was a rookie in an awful situation.

a) I never even mentioned a single number in this thread. My opinion is based on my first hand opinion from watching him. perhaps you should read

b) Granted he was in an awful situation but he was also garbage.

c)  I am baffled by what youre trying to even prove right now. It's like you're truing to build up an authority just so you can appeal to it. Do you even know how pff assigns their grades? if not the numbers are absolutely meaningless. if I tell you someone's passer rating (another misleading stat) at least you know what it means, the set of numbers that went into that result. pff grades are just dudes saying "oh he looked good/bad on this play. I'm going to add/subtract from this number accordingly".

The metrics and advanced stats PFF used to provide were actually good. Their rating scale that uses arbitrary factors to increase or decrease the rating on a per snap basis to build a single uniform number is not helpful in the slightest. They're made because brainless fans want to look at an number and judge how good that player is in a general sense when everything is always far more complicated than a single, uniform number.

I get the sense you disagree with me about Rosen, and that's ok. I don't know why you're white knighting PFF because that doesn't help your case at all considering Rosen was the second worst QB graded by PFF last season (of which they claim to grade players on an individual basis so a poor supporting cast should not have hurt his grade). Therefore if you think Rosen was actually good, you should actually agree with me that PFF is trash.

• Like 1

Sad to see this all go down. I like Rosen and hope the fins give him an opportunity that we didn't. He dealt with the worst oline in football, shortage of weapons, countless dropped passes, midseason coordinator change, all as a rookie. No one could succeed in the position he was in. 

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Sad to see this all go down. I like Rosen and hope the fins give him an opportunity that we didn't. He dealt with the worst oline in football, shortage of weapons, countless dropped passes, midseason coordinator change, all as a rookie. No one could succeed in the position he was in. 

no, he now has the worst OL in football.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

a) I never even mentioned a single number in this thread. My opinion is based on my first hand opinion from watching him. perhaps you should read

b) Granted he was in an awful situation but he was also garbage.

c)  I am baffled by what youre trying to even prove right now. It's like you're truing to build up an authority just so you can appeal to it. Do you even know how pff assigns their grades? if not the numbers are absolutely meaningless. if I tell you someone's passer rating (another misleading stat) at least you know what it means, the set of numbers that went into that result. pff grades are just dudes saying "oh he looked good/bad on this play. I'm going to add/subtract from this number accordingly".

The metrics and advanced stats PFF used to provide were actually good. Their rating scale that uses arbitrary factors to increase or decrease the rating on a per snap basis to build a single uniform number is not helpful in the slightest. They're made because brainless fans want to look at an number and judge how good that player is in a general sense when everything is always far more complicated than a single, uniform number.

I get the sense you disagree with me about Rosen, and that's ok. I don't know why you're white knighting PFF because that doesn't help your case at all considering Rosen was the second worst QB graded by PFF last season (of which they claim to grade players on an individual basis so a poor supporting cast should not have hurt his grade). Therefore if you think Rosen was actually good, you should actually agree with me that PFF is trash.

I have two points.

1: Outright dismissing PFF is foolish when they're like any other bit of data (however flawed and subjective it may be). Especially when you arrogantly claim as an anonymous internet poster to have a better opinon than PFF.

and 2: That straight up writing off a rookie in an awful situation is ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

I have two points.

1: Outright dismissing PFF is foolish when they're like any other bit of data (however flawed and subjective it may be). Especially when you arrogantly claim as an anonymous internet poster to have a better opinon than PFF.

and 2: That straight up writing off a rookie in an awful situation is ridiculous. 

1. I never once claimed this, I merely said I trust my own opinion more because I know from what they are based

2. Ok. Sig bet Rosen becomes a top 10 QB at any point in his career? Heck, I'd be ok with using PFF grades for this one. I'm that confident. Are you?

Maybe I'm wrong. Actually I hope I'm wrong considering he's a freaking Dolphin now. /shrug

no, he now has the worst OL in football.

We went into the year with a bottom 5 offensive line and then dealt with 10 injuries and were signing guys on Monday then starting them on Sunday. From a pure numbers standpoint we gave up more QB hits than you guys. I can't admit to watching many Fins games this last year, but I've watched a lot of bad Cardinals offensive lines and this one took the cake. At the very least its a moot point as we're likely the bottom two :D

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

We went into the year with a bottom 5 offensive line and then dealt with 10 injuries and were signing guys on Monday then starting them on Sunday. From a pure numbers standpoint we gave up more QB hits than you guys. I can't admit to watching many Fins games this last year, but I've watched a lot of bad Cardinals offensive lines and this one took the cake. At the very least its a moot point as we're likely the bottom two :D

you might be right. Tunsil actually wasn't horrible last year.... but our interior OL got blown up on nearly every play. Massively inept.