2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Someone might as well go see the new Avengers movie this weekend, multiple times, because he no longer has to worry about getting drafted. 

Didn't Patterson have a dilute sample at the combine?  I wouldn't be as worried about that as a regular positive test.

30. New England Patriots (via MIN): Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

Dear Vikings fans,

What happened was: The Vikings sat tight, thinking they could get an offensive line upgrade with this pick. But Hernandez, Miller, Wynn, and Ward all flew off the board over the last 10 selections, so the Vikings decided to trade down.

Then Bill Belichick called and was like, "Hey, Rob Gronkowski is being all weird, and we want to draft his eventual replacement, who will also cause matchup nightmares in two-tight-end sets while Gronk is still on board. We'll give you both of our second-round picks." And Vikings GM Rick Spielman was all, "Fine, whatevs," and he made a deal with the devil.

So, the Patriots have found a whole new way to torture the AFC East. But the Vikings get to grab Nevada's Austin Corbett and TCU's Joseph Noteboom on Day 2 since they don't have any other glaring needs, and signing Kirk Cousins for roughly a zillion dollars but failing to protect him would be incredibly dumb.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2768308-2018-nfl-mock-draft-mike-taniers-final-predictions

If at least 5 QBs, 2RBs, 2 WRs, 3 EDGE rushers, 3 CBs, 2 Safeties go in the first... maybe just maybe we might still be able to get a top OL talent.

Realistically, we'll likely be looking at the #3 Tackles and Guards on the board when we are picking though.

What are yall's draft traditions? Do you all have different TV set ups, special foods, prefer to watch alone or with a group? What channels do you like? 

I personally usually like to watch it solo with pizza. I like NFL networks better as far as the analysis goes, but I love ESPN's jingle and I like ESPN other the third day. I felt like they have done a better job at showing the players deep into the draft. 

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

Didn't Patterson have a dilute sample at the combine?  I wouldn't be as worried about that as a regular positive test.

His agent is claiming a diluted sample. Also, Patterson didn’t have Callaway’s history. 

This is Da’Rick Rogers territory. 

13 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I said it yesterday and I’ll say it again. I still don’t think we take an OL round 1

I'm getting this feeling as well.

I think the "round 1 OL talent" is off the board when pick #30 rolls around, and Rick decided to select a true round 1 talent at another position group.

8 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I think the "round 1 OL talent" is off the board when pick #30 rolls around, and Rick decided to select a true round 1 talent at another position group.

I don’t think it will be off the board, I just think they will be looking towards a best available player, or just all together trade out. 

8 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I don’t think it will be off the board, I just think they will be looking towards a best available player, or just all together trade out. 

Archived