2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

If at least 5 QBs, 2RBs, 2 WRs, 3 EDGE rushers, 3 CBs, 2 Safeties go in the first... maybe just maybe we might still be able to get a top OL talent.

Realistically, we'll likely be looking at the #3 Tackles and Guards on the board when we are picking though.

Every year people over value OG's.  If we want to go with an OL there will still be a good one to get at 30

2 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

What are yall's draft traditions? Do you all have different TV set ups, special foods, prefer to watch alone or with a group? What channels do you like? 

I personally usually like to watch it solo with pizza. I like NFL networks better as far as the analysis goes, but I love ESPN's jingle and I like ESPN other the third day. I felt like they have done a better job at showing the players deep into the draft. 

I usually eat Pizza(Green Mill) and watch by myself, none of my friends are as into the draft as I am so it is what it is the lady comes in from time to time to see how I feel about whats happening.  ESPN is usually my main choice but I do switch it back and forth with NFL network. 

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I don’t think it will be off the board, I just think they will be looking towards a best available player, or just all together trade out. 

I've started to come around to Goedert in Round 1, then snag Price or Braden Smith in Round 2

5 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

What are yall's draft traditions? Do you all have different TV set ups, special foods, prefer to watch alone or with a group? What channels do you like? 

Unfortunately, I'll probably be sitting at the office both Thursday and Friday night. Thankfully I work in the sports department at my paper, so the TV will be tuned to the draft. I much prefer NFL Network to ESPN. Only time I ever really even watch the ESPN networks anymore is if a certain game is only available on that network.

I'm going to bring this name up again, as it's been awhile.

To me, he represents a melting pot of a number of things Spielman can connect to.

1. He played lacrosse in high school. The Spielman's have strong ties to the sport. Connection.
2. He almost went to Notre Dame as a lacrosse athlete. Spielman likes his Golden Domers. Connection.
3. He went to Ohio State. Rick Spielman's brother played at Ohio State. Connection.

OK, so the last two were on the looser end. But if you asked me to put together a list of 5-10 players I thought had the best chance to be a Vikings pick in the first two rounds, Hubbard would be on that list. Remember, both Spielman and Zimmer attended the OSU pro day.

5 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I personally usually like to watch it solo with pizza. I like NFL networks better as far as the analysis goes, but I love ESPN's jingle and I like ESPN other the third day. I felt like they have done a better job at showing the players deep into the draft. 

Never really had a tradition except watch the draft and post on here during the draft.

I work the graveyard shift though now so I'll only catch a bit of the draft.

13 minutes ago, Klomp said:

To me, he represents a melting pot of a number of things Spielman can connect to.

1. He played lacrosse in high school. The Spielman's have strong ties to the sport. Connection.
2. He almost went to Notre Dame as a lacrosse athlete. Spielman likes his Golden Domers. Connection.
3. He went to Ohio State. Rick Spielman's brother played at Ohio State. Connection.

OK, so the last two were on the looser end. But if you asked me to put together a list of 5-10 players I thought had the best chance to be a Vikings pick in the first two rounds, Hubbard would be on that list.

He also fills a need of adding DE depth who can rotate inside on passing downs. 

Archived