2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Not confident in Jaleel Johnson?

Too important a position to not take multiple shots at, plus, I'm not sure that I trust this team to give him a permanent place there and not use him as a part time UT/NT.

OG Quenton Nelson is my ideal pick at the bottom of the 1st.  I really like Billy Price at OG as well.

If we had a chance to draft Orlando Brown the LT at Oklahoma I would have to think hard about it. He is a mammoth and I think he could be a great RT for us.

On 8/31/2017 at 5:28 PM, SemperFeist said:

Sorry, Klomp, but it's true. Allen is just another big quarterback with a big arm that's lacking just about everything else. His footwork is awful and leads to terrible accuracy, his pocket awareness is poor, and he struggles going past his first read. 

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

You are correct, he's done most of his damage against weaker G5 teams. However, that's the case for all QBs who played at the G5 or lower. There've been plenty of QBs who've carved out very good careers coming from that level.

I've never once said he's a finished product. There are things he has to work on. However, you can't teach 6-5, 240. You can't teach that mobility. You can't each that cannon arm.

19 minutes ago, Klomp said:

You are correct, he's done most of his damage against weaker G5 teams. However, that's the case for all QBs who played at the G5 or lower. There've been plenty of QBs who've carved out very good careers coming from that level.

I've never once said he's a finished product. There are things he has to work on. However, you can't teach 6-5, 240. You can't teach that mobility. You can't each that cannon arm.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

like Brock Osweiler?

I was thing Jamarcus Russell

14 years ago, in a 21-3 win, Iowa held a G5 junior quarterback to 27-42 passing for 250 yards and 4 INTs. A G5 QB who struggled against a Power 5 school has to be a crap QB, right?

That was two-time Super Bowl champion Ben Roethlisberger, a guy Allen is comparable to physically and in skill set.

Archived