2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

For clarification, I don’t dislike Josh Allen. I just view him as a 3rd/4th round project. Not a 1st round, franchise quarterback. 

That's understandable. I don't totally agree with it, but it's understandable.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

For clarification, I don’t dislike Josh Allen. I just view him as a 3rd/4th round project. Not a 1st round, franchise quarterback. 

That sounds about right at the moment. I would be annoyed if the Vikings took him before the third round. A lot can change between now and the draft still. 

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

My fear for this team, is losing 1 of our 2 stud LBs. The defense is deep at every other unit and can withstand injuries, but not the LB group. Who would run the doubling A gap blitz if we're down Barr or Eric

Gedeon and/or Lamur.  Big drop off 

15 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

My fear for this team, is losing 1 of our 2 stud LBs. The defense is deep at every other unit and can withstand injuries, but not the LB group. Who would run the doubling A gap blitz if we're down Barr or Eric

I'm not too concerned with losing Barr and Kendricks. These two are key players for the future. Just have to avoid being big spenders in FA and use the draft to fill needs.

Could probably use some depth though, and competition for Gedeon, not a fan of Brothers and Lamur.

20 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Even though he is a hokie. Got a crush on Tremaine Edmunds. He is always making plays all over the field. A huge plus is rhat he will only be 19 years old on draft day. Has the years to sit and learn while playing special teams.

24 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm not too concerned with losing Barr and Kendricks. These two are key players for the future. Just have to avoid being big spenders in FA and use the draft to fill needs.

Could probably use some depth though, and competition for Gedeon, not a fan of Brothers and Lamur.

I meant losing Barr or Eric due to injury.

Because the defense is playing well, only depth is needed there, except, of course, a DT, to replace Floyd, about whom I recently read his return to play is unlikely given his current condition.

A replacement on the roster for Newman makes sense, but only for depth behind the top 3 CBs.  So, a 3rd round draft pick or a average free agent signing will fill that void.

On offense, there are several obvious needs; i.e. OT, OG, and perhaps RB. 

OT is certainly a need due to Remmer's concussion.... which may recur.

OG is a need because Berger is likely to retire.

RB may be a need if McKinnon isn't re-signed, as some think, but that doesn't include me.  Murray is adequate, perhaps above average.  Cook may not return to form.

Beyond the above, there doesn't seem to be a need for Rick Pickumulator to trade back for quantity of picks over quality of picks.

22 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Because the defense is playing well, only depth is needed there, except, of course, a DT, to replace Floyd, about whom I recently read his return to play is unlikely given his current condition.

A replacement on the roster for Newman makes sense, but only for depth behind the top 3 CBs.  So, a 3rd round draft pick or a average free agent signing will fill that void.

On offense, there are several obvious needs; i.e. OT, OG, and perhaps RB. 

OT is certainly a need due to Remmer's concussion.... which may recur.

OG is a need because Berger is likely to retire.

RB may be a need if McKinnon isn't re-signed, as some think, but that doesn't include me.  Murray is adequate, perhaps above average.  Cook may not return to form.

Beyond the above, there doesn't seem to be a need for Rick Pickumulator to trade back for quantity of picks over quality of picks.

I think they may be able to draft true BPA this year and not have a true pressing need. 

OT- Brown, McGlinchey,  Williams

S- James 

OG-Nelson 

DT- Payne, Hurst

All would be excellent picks, although many will probably be gone.  Even if we allow McKinnon to sign elsewhere, or move on from Murray, I don't think RB is a top three round need.

Perhaps this is the year we move up for someone that can come in and contribute immediately 

Holiday season means Bowl season for college football, and for a lot of people it’s the time when they get their first glimpse of who’s going to be available in the upcoming draft. 

For those who don’t have Twitter but are considering it, or those who are new to Twitter, here is a list of draft geeks to follow, and a good starting point to learn a lot about draft prospects and football in general. 

@JReidDraftScout - as a Vikings fan and draft fan, if you only follow one person it needs to be him. 

@CalhounLambeau - one of our own on FF. Jesse’s database is simply amazing. 

@nfldraftnik

@NDTScouting

@TheJoeMarino

@VeteranScout

@TheScoutingAcademy

@PFF_College

@dpbrugler

@MattMiller

@WurthDraft

@BenjaminSolak

@MattWaldman

@JoshNorris

@TonyPauline

@draftbreakdown

@OptimumScouting

@MoveTheSticks

@BuckyBrooks

It’s not everyone, as Twitter is full of great draft geeks, but it should give you a great we’ll rounded perspective. If anyone has others to follow, please share!

Archived