2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

18 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Could you find a sample that isn't from 14 years ago? One example every 14 years doesn't inspire much confidence.

examples of college QB's playing success is dumb... if I told you a QB in his junior year of college thru for 14 TD's and 10 INT's his senior year would be the best QB in NFL history I'm guessing you would have called me a liar. QB's with college TD-INT ratios have nothing to do with NFL proven success.

I don't know how we got on the subject of TD-INT ratios? I was simply stating that a lack of success against the best players in college football doesn't inspire confidence in that players ability to translate to the NFL... especially when we are talking about a potential first round pick. Obviously the draft isn't all about what a player currently can/can't do as there is a lot of projecting what a player will be able to do within your system, but a lack of shown success certainly increases the likelihood that player will bust and you're working purely on projection.

On 9/1/2017 at 4:19 PM, rpmwr19 said:

Unless someone steps up, a 3-technique DT is a top two round need for this team. Defense doesn't work well without one. 

Steven Richardson is one of my favorite D-line prospects this year, I'd love to see him mixed in with Linval, Jaleel, and Stephen next year

I was wondering how long it'd take for that post to come.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty....I think we're seeing that his teammates last year that he lost were better than some people gave them credit for, and that Josh isn't quite to the point where he can elevate the play of everyone around him against a solid P5 team.

Archived