2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

23 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

What do you guys think of QB Baker Mayfield from Oklahoma?

I honestly wouldn't be upset with taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

WR Michael Gallup from CSU is going to be really good. Watched him vs Alabama and I was very impressed.

Not really interested.  Reminds me of Manziel.  

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Just a better quarterback.

Yeah probably.  But all the off the field stuff really bothers me.  What was the last good quarterback with those kind of off the field/ maturity issues?

I know Cam Newton had the one incident at Florida.  Any others?

3 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

What do you guys think of QB Baker Mayfield from Oklahoma?

I honestly wouldn't be upset with taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

WR Michael Gallup from CSU is going to be really good. Watched him vs Alabama and I was very impressed.

For a developmental QB prospect, I'd prefer someone smarter than someone who tried to plant a flag stick in an artificial turf field.

I'd prefer to use 2nd and 3rd round draft picks for players that can contribute to the team; e.g. an OL who can start immediately, or mid-rookie-season.

I'm happy that Gallup WR, CSU will be really good; if they were asked, a poll of the whole Gallup family would say they are proud.  But that doesn't impact the Vikings favorably because of their pending surplus of WRs when Floyd's suspension ends.  Perhaps it might work out well if Mr. Gallup is available when the Vikings are on the clock?; i.e. they could trade back and gain another draft pick because they don't need a WR, barring injuries to the current corp.  Potential trade partners for the opportunity to draft Mr. Gallup would likely be Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, and Denver.

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I'd love to take Mayfield in the 3rd/4th round. Very Colt McCoy like. 

And I don't really see any off the field issues with Mayfield. 

Next time, consider the source of the recommendation. 

Besides, how many QBs do you think are needed on the Vikings 2018 roster?

Bradford, Bridgewater, Keenum, Sloter, ...

I didn't review the vid above.... did anyone of his OL block the police guys, or was his sack due to an all out blitz after a 'bad audible'?

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Besides the public intox, disorderly conduct, fleeing and resisting arrest.

One incident of a 21 year old being intoxicated. Oh my lord! They should have locked him up and thrown away the key  

Mayfield doesn't have anywhere near to the concerns about drugs, drinking, or partying that Manziel had. 

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

no, don't get me wrong, I agree. He messed up a bit with his actions that night. Not severe like Manziel, but I was just posting an off the field issue.

Could include many of the rumors from his Texas Tech departure, but nothing for sure has ever really came out.

Yeah, and it's not like Spielman is adhering to that old Code of Conduct doctrine that Wilf came out with about a few weeks after the Love Boat incident.  Or was it the Club Tabu incident?  Or was it after the Moss Mooning in Green Bay? ... oh, never mind.  It's not being followed now, so it's moot. 

Archived