2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

7 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Re-sign 3 of those 4, exclude one of the highest cost QBs; i.e. Bradford or Bridgewater.  Voila! 3 QBs on the roster.  Then there's Henicke, unless some team signs him.

Bradford: Injury Prone

Bridgewater: Injury Prone

Keenum: One of the worst starting QB's the past couple of years

Henicke: Injury Prone

Sloter: Never started a game as a UDFA

Hard to imagine we go into next year without looking at QB's at some point unless we play Sloter this year and he finds a little bit of success.

The only one I'm pretty confident won't be returning is Keenum.  

I'd also disagree that Heinicke is injury-prone.  The only injury he really had took place off the field kicking in the door.  His "injury" this time was a concussion.  He's not injury-prone...and truly, neither is Teddy.  He suffered a severe injury, but that doesn't make him injury prone.  The only one with a history of injuries is Sam.

I do believe, one way or the other, that they'll find a way to kick the can through training camp, and having Sam and Teddy battle it out with the loser getting moved.   

I've always believed that the only way Bradford is back next year, is if he has a stellar year this year. 

If he misses a significant amount of time, I don't see him back. I think this team rolls with Teddy, and they, hopefully, draft someone else. 

They aren't going to pay both Bradford and Bridgewater $14-$22M a piece. 

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Even if you consider Teddy's prior injuries (sprained ankle in 14', concussion in 15') he's still not injury prone.

He could be though if his knee doesn't hold up.

Everything i've heard concerning the sort of injury that Teddy had has produced one answer that's the same: This sort of injury does increase the likelihood of it happening again. This is my main concern with TB. I think he will be able to come back and be as close to 100% as a guy could be, but I do get scared thinking that this sort of event could happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation.

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

A little off subject, but is FSU's Cam Akers a better prospect than Dalvin Cook?

Thanks

One set the FSU single-season rushing record and finished second in ACC history in rushing. The other ran for 58 yards on 15 carries against Wake Forest on Saturday.

7 hours ago, Klomp said:

One set the FSU single-season rushing record and finished second in ACC history in rushing. The other ran for 58 yards on 15 carries against Wake Forest on Saturday.

Oh I know that lol. Akers just seemed to get a lot of crazy hype early in the year and I didn't know if it was legit.

2 minutes ago, rusty28264 said:

I know we have only played 4 games but what would you guys say our biggest draft need is?

I'll exclude QB since that is way to difficult to assess right now.

1) OL - Could upgrade Tackle and move Remmers inside or find a new OG. Berger is probably done after this season.

2) UT - I don't think the platoon of Shamar Stephen and Tom Johnson is ideal. I wish Jaleel Johnson would get a chance but if he doesn't, I'd assume UT will get an early look. I don't know what Shariff Floyd brings to the team going forward.

3) CB - The Vikes will probably look for more CB help. Waynes has been dissapointing, not sure if he's part of the future. Akexander looks good in the slot.

4) Safety - Seems like we want to replace Andrew Sendejo every offseason but it never happens.

3T - we aren’t getting any type of push up the middle. Something that Zimmer’s defense relies on. 

LG - Easton is a solid backup quality lineman, but he needs to be upgraded immediately. 

S - Sendejo does his job, but he’s not a playmaker. We need more of a center field type who can make plays. And someone who doesn’t blindly throw his body into his own teammates. 

CB - Waynes simply has not developed. He has the tools, but the confidence is not there. Need to look at a replacement. 

RG - Berger is 35. I think the Vikings have the long term solution in Isidora, but can’t rule out an upgrade. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

3T - we aren’t getting any type of push up the middle. Something that Zimmer’s defense relies on. 

LG - Easton is a solid backup quality lineman, but he needs to be upgraded immediately. 

S - Sendejo does his job, but he’s not a playmaker. We need more of a center field type who can make plays. And someone who doesn’t blindly throw his body into his own teammates. 

CB - Waynes simply has not developed. He has the tools, but the confidence is not there. Need to look at a replacement. 

RG - Berger is 35. I think the Vikings have the long term solution in Isidora, but can’t rule out an upgrade. 

this, but add QB. I don't know where it fits. depends on how well Bradford and Bridgewater and if they remain healthy.

still, I don't want to think Bridgewater is injury prone, but you never know with that knee.

Archived