So what if Josh Rosen turns out to actually not be good & Kyler Murray becomes a star? Would teams in the future do the same?

ClutchDJ

I don't get the confusion around the selection. QB has by far the biggest impact on a teams success. If you feel you're in the positon to upgrade your QB and the opportunity arises you make that decision 10/10. 

Edited by jarren
  • Like 4

I don't think anyone doubts Kyler Murray's ability to play well, but rather just his ability to play period. It's not a matter of IF he gets hurt, but WHEN he gets hurt. He's so small, that it won't take much for him to be completely decimated. You can say he avoid's being hit all you want, but that was in college, defenders are way bigger, faster, and athletic in the NFL.

Arizona wouldn’t have drafted Murray #1 had they hired any other coach.  Keim didn’t even sound like he was confident in the pick and to compound it he proved himself to be the worst poker player in history not taking calls on Rosen until they were on the clock.  Granted I overrated his value to begin with but this had Bidwill’s fingerprints all over it which makes me wonder how the GM/HC relationship is going to advance.  Worse yet Rosen adds to the first rd failures of Keim regardless of how he looks for another team.

What's the suggestion here? That teams should wiff more? 

This situation only happens because Rosen has been JaMarcus bad. 

And there's some signs be could continue happening, given AZ still has all the other problems it had last year, OL I'm looking at you. 

No, regardless of what happens, teams will not follow the Keim model in the future, because the issue isn't with taking Murray. If there's a can't miss QB prospect there at your pick and you feel like you have to take him because your QB situation is a bit of a question mark, you take him (whether or not one feels like a person named Kyler is that prospect or not is another conversation). Sure, the fact that they traded up for Rosen the year before is embarrassing but obviously no one will remember that if this prospect is truly a can't miss guy.

But, surely the Cardinals have known for months now what they're going to do with that pick. The fact that they didn't trade Rosen before the pick is surreal levels of stupidity. They literally just willingly allowed his trade value to completely tank when they could've got something for him. No team in the future can possibly be this dumb. 

6 minutes ago, Jrvegeeta said:
27 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

No team in the future can possibly be this dumb. 

Never say never...ever. Just look at what Gettleman is doing to the G-men.

To be fair, I could see Gettleman drafting Hubert or Tua next year assuming they too win the Senoir Bowl MVP.

So glad he's in charge!🙏👍

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

To be fair, I could see Gettleman drafting Hubert or Tua next year assuming they too win the Senoir Bowl MVP.

So glad he's in charge!🙏👍

those guys won't need to play in the senior bowl and therefore will not be eligible to be picked by Gettleman.

Gotta pick somebody that nobody knows about rn.

11 hours ago, SkippyX said:

When you spend the 15th overall pick,  the 1st overall pick, and a 3rd and 5th rounder to finally get your QB right (maybe)... the rest of your roster tends to be a mess from neglect.

We’ve seen teams pay more. If you said they traded up to 1 and it cost them next years 1 and this years 3rd and 5th it would have been perceived as decent value its just they took 2 players with it instead of 1

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Arizona wouldn’t have drafted Murray #1 had they hired any other coach.  

Yeah Murray’s value is elevated by KK’s scheme for sure.

15 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Keim didn’t even sound like he was confident in the pick and to compound it he proved himself to be the worst poker player in history not taking calls on Rosen until they were on the clock.

I haven’t been paying close attention, is this actually true?  Or what’s being reported anyway?