Round 2, Pick 36: San Francisco 49ers Select WR Deebo Samuel, South Carolina

J-ALL-DAY

Solid enough. I'd call it a B- pick on the surface. We'll see. Like y2 keeps saying. He ought to know Samuel much better than I, when looking for wo he wants to fit the scheme. Samuel is a rd 2 WR that went to a team... in rd 2... that needed a WR. 

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

I don't like it, but Shanny loves his pass catchers and knows them. The injury thing scares the living hell out of me. 5 receivers made of glass. Just really not a good idea.

That's my concern. Way too many injury prone WRs. As a player? Samuel is legit and plays tough. 

Alright, time to draft Amani Hooker in round two.

• Like 1

Anybody else notice that Shanny seems to have a habit of drafting WRs who also have good kick return [i.e. open field] skills? I mean...many NFL WRs returned kicks in college, but Shanny seems to disproportionately draft guys who were high-end kick returners and not care all that much about their return skills. I mean...Pettis, James, and now Samuel...that's three of the four WRs the team has drafted since Shanny came to town.

Just now, Ronnie's Pinky said:

Anybody else notice that Shanny seems to have a habit of drafting WRs who also have good kick return [i.e. open field] skills? I mean...many NFL WRs returned kicks in college, but Shanny seems to disproportionately draft guys who were high-end kick returners and not care all that much about their return skills. I mean...Pettis, James, and now Samuel...that's three of the four WRs the team has drafted since Shanny came to town.

Well, he likes WRs that are shifty, can make a defender miss and runs good routes. 

Our weapons are rock solid with Pettis/Samuel/Kittle/Coleman/Breida/McKinnon/James/Taylor. If Jimmy G stays healthy.....

I have this image in my head of him catching a short pass and taking it the distance. The guy can be a game breaker for sure. 

If AJ Brown is there in the third, do we just take him too? lol seems like neither of the ole miss guys are going to be taken in the second