Pick is in, #40 - CB Trayvon Mullen

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I know. @big_palooka has more inside information than PFF. He's on pace to be a GM soon.

This is so indicative of the current social culture. When facts are present and the other party doesn't agree, then just keep repeating the same fake insult over and over to avoid the context all together. It's the "fake news" culture. 

At no point in time have I ever pretended to have inside information or whatever false label you try to attach to me.

It's a pedantic on your part. And you're doing it because you slurp PFF only when convenient to your argument and have no leg to stand when it doesn't, so the only route is to insult.

I fully await your next attempt to gaslight this conversation.

• Like 2

I like Mullen. Very skilled in man coverage and cleanest technique, will not commit a lot of penalties like Hayden did. I doubt he starts this year, but it’s rare for any corner to start their first year. It’s the most redshirt position in the NFL. Him and Conley would be a very dominant duo in 2020 and I’m really looking forward to it. 

• 1 month later...
On 19/06/2019 at 2:50 AM, Humble_Beast said:

hope he didn't look good because Clemson had 3 first rounders on their DL lol

It is a legitimate concern, that front was very, very strong and could have masked a multitude of failings in the LBs and secondary. I wasn't that familiar with Mullen but having watched a decent amount since his coverage does seem to be good and he's got the physical tools no doubt. Very interesting prospect and we've got the nice situation that he doesn't HAVE to start immediately. I'm liking this pick more and more the better I get acquainted with his play

On 6/18/2019 at 6:50 PM, Humble_Beast said:

hope he didn't look good because Clemson had 3 first rounders on their DL lol

Luckily one of those 1st rounders is on the team...:P

Edited by G
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

It is a legitimate concern, that front was very, very strong and could have masked a multitude of failings in the LBs and secondary. I wasn't that familiar with Mullen but having watched a decent amount since his coverage does seem to be good and he's got the physical tools no doubt. Very interesting prospect and we've got the nice situation that he doesn't HAVE to start immediately. I'm liking this pick more and more the better I get acquainted with his play

Mullen is one where I'm unsure where exactly I stand. He has championship pedigree and had his best games in big games. He was a big time recruit and started for arguably the most dominant school in CFB in his tenure. His stats allowed are absolutely ludicrous and paint him as an elite prospect. He has a nice frame, fluid hips, and good speed. He's also a sound tackler.

And yet... I don't think he's ready to go from day 1. He's not polished and I think he needs more coaching and the opportunity to hone his instincts. I do think his upside is sky high. He has very good CB2 upside, which is rare in today's NFL, but he's my least favorite pick of our top 4 simply because he's definitely more of a "boom bust" than the other 3 IMO. 

I think he was definitely worse than Baker and Murphy coming out. Greedy was a better prospect, but Mayock's character direction is also commendable.

If Mullen hits, this will be a great haul for us IMO. If he doesn't... I'll have mild concerns.

What are all of your guy's thoughts on Mullen?

• Like 1