2[44]: Elgton Jenkins [OC; Miss State]

Packerraymond

10 minutes ago, Donzo said:

LG would be Jenkins spot... From what  understand, he's been excellent in camp.

Physically, he's a monster. Top length, strength and quickness. Also suppose to be intelligent... He just completely dwarfs Talylor here... It's like Taylor is Bruce Banner, and Jenkins is the Hulk. 

Made me laugh. 

I think I saw an interview with Lane once.  He had glasses on and talked softly.  Very much Banner-like.

Haven't seen/heard Jenkins yet, but that first one made me chuckle pretty good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell:

Packers rookie Elgton Jenkins contributed 29 snaps at RG & another 16 snaps at OC (Versus HOU).
Versatility a major asset for NFL OL rooms!

That's interesting to see because if there was truly a competition at LG then Jenkins would've gotten some snaps there vs Houston.

12 minutes ago, Donzo said:

LG would be Jenkins spot... From what  understand, he's been excellent in camp.

Physically, he's a monster. Top length, strength and quickness. Also suppose to be intelligent... He just completely dwarfs Talylor here... It's like Taylor is Bruce Banner, and Jenkins is the Hulk. 

This needs to calm way the hell down. 

Brian Bulaga to Left Tackle

I was looking for some background on how Colledge ended up at guard and found this ^

Newhouse at left tackle, Sherrod still trying to recover? Whaaat? I have the worst memory for these things.

Also, Nijman did some good work in the run game on Thursday. Has his pass pro held up in one on ones and in practices?

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

Brian Bulaga to Left Tackle

I was looking for some background on how Colledge ended up at guard and found this ^

Newhouse at left tackle, Sherrod still trying to recover? Whaaat? I have the worst memory for these things.

Also, Nijman did some good work in the run game on Thursday. Has his pass pro held up in one on ones and in practices?

In all the great What-Ifs in Packer history, one of the best is, what happens if Campen moves  Bulaga to LT in 2013 and Newhouse stays healthy?

Who wins the Center battle between EDS, Tretter, and Bakhtiari? What does that do to Bakhtiari's future? 

11 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Serious question...

Who is the last GB packer Interior Offensive lineman to be picked in the first or second round who did not start in his first year?  Heck throw in round 3 in there, too.

...because I have no idea.  I think if GB drafts you high, and you are an interior player, you are gonna start.

I hope Lane Taylor stays on the roster as valuable insurance.  But I think the future is now for Jenkins.

Who is the last interior offensive lineman picked in the first or 2nd round?  (College interior lineman, I'm saying.)  Can I remember any ever?  I probably don't remember draft picks prior to TT's run, but I thought he pretty much only drafted OT's, regardless of round?   

14 minutes ago, craig said:

Who is the last interior offensive lineman picked in the first or 2nd round?  (College interior lineman, I'm saying.)  Can I remember any ever?  I probably don't remember draft picks prior to TT's run, but I thought he pretty much only drafted OT's, regardless of round?   

Does Mike Wahle count?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In all the great What-Ifs in Packer history, one of the best is, what happens if Campen moves  Bulaga to LT in 2013 and Newhouse stays healthy?

Who wins the Center battle between EDS, Tretter, and Bakhtiari? What does that do to Bakhtiari's future? 

This is a scenario that's never crossed my mind. And now I'm confused, because I have no fricken idea. 

I'm sure glad how things did pan out though. Bahk is one of my favorite players in the NFL, and up there all-time aswell. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I wanna say he beats out newhouse and plays RT?

via PackersWire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/20/packers-rookie-elgton-jenkins-hasnt-allowed-a-pressure-this-preseason/

according to Pro Football Focus, Jenkins has the top pass-blocking grade in the NFL among offensive linemen with at least 40 snaps, and he’s yet to allow a single pressure over 45 total pass-blocking snaps. The rookie has played snaps at left guard, center and right guard and hasn’t been beat in the passing game.

Two preseason games isn’t a big enough sample size to make any grand claims about Jenkins’ future, but his early success does suggest a foundation of talent"

He's a monster... Previously I anointed him the next Gale Gillingham... If you don't know who Gale Gillingham is, he's probably the most dominant OL in Packer history. When Forrest Gregg was asked if he was the Packers best OL in the Lombardi era. He said, "not including Gilly (Gale Gillingham), you could say that."