2[44]: Elgton Jenkins [OC; Miss State]

Packerraymond

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Taylor was the dictionary definition of average last year

Do we have anyone other than Spriggs than has starting potential? Cole? Nico? Anyone else with a shot? You are my OL guru

I still think Bulaga can get another contract. Especially if he eventually moves to guard. Hes still only 30... Oh course it comes down to $$$... 

p.s. I think these are the picks we have been lacking. Yes its cute and fun to talk about the guys stepping in when you have a young mobile QB. That said, Aaron isnt young anymore, and football is still played in the trenches... Investing in keeping 12 safe is a good idea, especially in the 2nd round pick where that selection was talked about as a potential 1st.

I don't know much about Jenkins, but I like the pick because now, at last, we have a backup center. Even if Jenkins ends up starting at G, he can slide to C if needed. Taylor, even when healthy, was not a mobile G. If I understand what I've read about MLF's offense, mobile Gs are necessary. So this pick fills two needs. It gives us a starting left G, and it gives us the back up C we have been without for some long time.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I don't know much about Jenkins, but I like the pick because now, at last, we have a backup center. Even if Jenkins ends up starting at G, he can slide to C if needed. Taylor, even when healthy, was not a mobile G. If I understand what I've read about MLF's offense, mobile Gs are necessary. So this pick fills two needs. It gives us a starting left G, and it gives us the back up C we have been without for some long time.

Not sold on Lucas Patrick, huh?

I think if you think he can be a really solid RT, this is a great pick.  If he's gonna be an IOL, you want him to be a 10 year starter, otherwise it's kind of a meh pick.  

The downside is there, but someone will get injured on the OL sooner than later and I think you're glad to have a real strong prospect as your option instead of spriggs.