No. 46 Overall; Greedy Williams, LSU

Kiwibrown

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well if Tony Pauline said it...

But that really wasn’t our discussion though.  Our discussion was about whether or not it would be beneficial to do so, to which I said it would not as they’d find out either way.

Obviously they found out enough for it to be concerning and he’s dropping, so...

Those were dark times. I should’ve let sleeping dogs lie.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I like that our 2 starting corners will never be physically outmatched. Greedy and Denzel are exceptional athletes who will thrive in a zone coverage scheme.

Its not a given that Greedy starts.  Mitchell is pretty good and wont just roll over and play dead.  Still a very nice addition.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Tony Pauline says that he dropped because his agent wouldn’t let him have visits to hide an injury.

@LETSGOBROWNIESthis isn’t a thing right? 

Sorry I had to.

LOL

I can’t tell you how purely excited I am to have this ridiculously petty fight resurface after such a dull off-season.

With Greedy's line about the superbowl being on First Take. It's the perfect lesson for him early in his career about how to work for things instead of speaking about them to the media w/ the media looking for headlines that have the outcome of becoming distractions.

I'm excited that this happened. Freddie said they'll get him right at his presser and Ryan Clark on first take said he spoke to Joe Whitt Jr. our secondary coach that told Clark they'd talk to him about how to approach the game as soon as he gets here. Of course, coaches in any organization would do so, but I'm glad that Greedy will get on the right focus track early.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Man he’s 21 years old and was just excited 

honestly he might be right 

this team is as stacked as any team in the league we just have to put it together 

And they’re not wrong, he should prolly stfu.  As should every rookie tbh.

That said, the fact that this was a 10 minute segment just goes to show how slow of a news day it was.

Freddie called into 92.3 the fan yesterday morning and spoke about that.  He said he will talk to Greedy and get him on the same page as the team in that they get to work doing things, and not talking about doing things. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Just checked his sparq score was 68% which makes above average for a corner and def above average for a no.2. 

He also has a nose for the ball and seems to move very smoothly. 

It is at the least a solid draft pick.

And most of importantly his insanely loose hips, that with is athleticism and length is a PROBLEM

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mind Character said:

With Greedy's line about the superbowl being on First Take. It's the perfect lesson for him early in his career about how to work for things instead of speaking about them to the media w/ the media looking for headlines that have the outcome of becoming distractions.

I'm excited that this happened. Freddie said they'll get him right at his presser and Ryan Clark on first take said he spoke to Joe Whitt Jr. our secondary coach that told Clark they'd talk to him about how to approach the game as soon as he gets here. Of course, coaches in any organization would do so, but I'm glad that Greedy will get on the right focus track early.

F THAT.

I want high expectations.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

Freddie called into 92.3 the fan yesterday morning and spoke about that.  He said he will talk to Greedy and get him on the same page as the team in that they get to work doing things, and not talking about doing things. 

Freddie isn’t going to be upset. He will probably encourage that mentality. Probably just wants him to work his tail off before talking.

If the talking heads have segments for the Browns it just means we’re relevant. First Take is going to run all morning regardless of whether there is a real story or not. Same thing with a Colin Cowherd talk show. These guys are going to find something to talk about, and certainly find stories that are going to fill ratings. That they are running stories as the devils advocate should be considered a complement. People should have ESPN figured out by now.

As for the comments by Greedy Williams, The guy had just been drafted and it is in the middle of the most exciting moment of his life. I see that less like an actual prediction and more just verbalizing his excitement and processing which team just drafted him, getting excited, and realizing he is on a stacked team. He was excited, big deal, he should have been. I am guessing if 10 other teams had drafted him, he would have probably said the same thing. Let the talking heads talk. Do yourself a favor, if you have time during the day and aren’t working, just turn on the Price is Right or read a good book instead.

• Like 4