Lions Select LB Jahlani Tavai #43 Overall

davisblack

13 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Yup, Quinn reached so far his arm won’t be back until tomorrow.

Why is it always like this?

Get hopes up to have them punched, kicked, then CRUSHED!

When Thanos snapped his fingers he erased the Lions fans hopes.

Seriously this pick screwed us so bad. Now we either reach for an inferior talent to fill a need or take a talent player with a premium pick to have another depth piece and then try and fill that need with late round pick.  We had need meeting premier talent and we take a LB that will play 40% of the snaps this year tops.

I am not making any excuses, and I have never heard of this guy. The only thing I can add is they did not wait to make this pick.. This pick was made before the finish of the Drew Lock announcement.. No hesitation. 

The tells me 2 things... This guy was the target in the 2nd round and there may have been a team interested in taking him right after us.

If this guy works out to be a starter, J Davis moves outside where he seems to have some strong qualities.

... At least it was a defensive player.. Lol

Edited by BarryTheBest

4 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Seriously this pick screwed us so bad. Now we either reach for an inferior talent to fill a need or take a talent player with a premium pick to have another depth piece and then try and fill that need with late round pick.  We had need meeting premier talent and we take a LB that will play 40% of the snaps this year tops.

You forgot the other option. Reach for an inferior talent at a not needed position.

20 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

I am not making any excuses, and I have never heard of this guy. The only thing I can add is they did not wait to make this pick.. This pick was made before the finish of the Drew Lock announcement.. No hesitation. 

The tells me 2 things... This guy was the target in the 2nd round and there may have been a team interested in taking him right after us.

If this guy works out to be a starter, J Davis moves outside where he seems to have some strong qualities.

... At least it was a defensive player.. Lol

So this slow LB becomes a thumper in the middle and our 1st round athletic MLB becomes a part time player who what blitzes and plays in coverage (which he sucks at) and plays about 20-30% of the snaps?  So they wasted two picks on LBs?  So when 2020 rolls around we can say the patriot way didn’t work. What other franchise should we fail to emulate ?

10 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

So this slow LB becomes a thumper in the middle and our 1st round athletic MLB becomes a part time player who what blitzes and plays in coverage (which he sucks at) and plays about 20-30% of the snaps?  So they wasted two picks on LBs?  So when 2020 rolls around we can say the patriot way didn’t work. What other franchise should we fail to emulate ?

S**t man, I dont know. I am just trying to find some positives.

What I do know is our draft last year pretty much resulted in the same kind of responses from us and it worked out pretty good.

Edited by BarryTheBest

Just now, BarryTheBest said:

S**t man, I dont know. I am just trying to fimd some positives.

What I do know is our draft last year pretty much resulted in the same kind of responses from us and it worked out pretty good.

Last year I liked Kerryon.  I understood a C in the first (don’t understand then moving him to guard).  Walker was a stretch but I could understand the pick.  This year, I don’t get it. 

19 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Last year I liked Kerryon.  I understood a C in the first (don’t understand then moving him to guard).  Walker was a stretch but I could understand the pick.  This year, I don’t get it. 

I looked at some of the reaction the board had from last year's draft and overall people were pretty cool with it. I think the big thing was a lot of people wanting Guice over Johnson. This year there is a consensus that the Lions have messed up every step of the way in some fashion or another.

6 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

I looked at some of the reaction the board had from last year's draft and overall people were pretty cool with it. I think the big thing was a lot of people wanting Guice over Johnson. This year there is a consensus that the Lions have messed up every step of the way in some fashion or another.

When taking a TE at 8 is the best pick it leaves me scratching my head.

• Like 2