Jump to content
davisblack

Lions Select LB Jahlani Tavai #43 Overall

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

Negative ya we don't have the right? We can't debate prospects without being negative? I think my glass overflows...

What is gil brandt credited for?? What's his claim to fame...

I never said you cannot view things a certain way, in fact i said there are merits to both thought processes. 

At the end of the day, you view this prospect in a negative light based on who was available, athletic traits, etc. I view it in a more positive light based on scheme fit, versatility, etc.

Again, just a difference of opinion is all. And like all opinions, they are subject to change. If he becomes a great player you will like the pick. If he turns out to be what you think he will, I will then not like the pick.

Thats all.

Edited by BarryTheBest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockcity2 said:

I mean with prospects/rankings 

Why would his opinion matter over the countless others that disagree... 

I think he was just mentioning that at least one person, who has background and credibility, was optimistic about the off-season we've had.

We still have a very difficult schedule and some challenges to overcome. So there is no lock for a 12 win season but we're also getting written off by everybody. At least one guy isn't, which is a positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I think he was just mentioning that at least one person, who has background and credibility, was optimistic about the off-season we've had.

We still have a very difficult schedule and some challenges to overcome. So there is no lock for a 12 win season but we're also getting written off by everybody. At least one guy isn't, which is a positive.

His current job is in the media. Someone is always willing to have a "hot take" to generate hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

His current job is in the media. Someone is always willing to have a "hot take" to generate hits.

Well maybe, but it is also possible that he actually feels that way.. No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

Well maybe, but it is also possible that he actually feels that way.. No?

Possible, but not probable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-17 at 12:26 PM, Rockcity2 said:

Negative ya we don't have the right? We can't debate prospects without being negative? I think my glass overflows...

What is gil brandt credited for?? What's his claim to fame...

Gil Brandt created the scouting and evaluation process used by most of the NFL. The man has credentials.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_Brandt

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/26/gil-brandt-nfl-draft-history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 1:44 AM, Nnivolcm said:

Possible, but not probable.

I tend to disagree with you. Gil has been around for a long time and is one of the most respected names in the business. I dont see him throwing shock and awe opinions out there just to get people to read his stuff... He is not Carlos Monarrez fron The Detroit Free Press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

I tend to disagree with you. Gil has been around for a long time and is one of the most respected names in the business. I dont see him throwing shock and awe opinions out there just to get people to read his stuff... He is not Carlos Monarrez fron The Detroit Free Press.

IMO everyone in media does it from time to time. Only a few people bring it to he level of Skip Bayless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

IMO everyone in media does it from time to time. Only a few people bring it to he level of Skip Bayless.

Maybe, but I still don't see it from him.

Skip Bayless is absurd at times.. Same with Stephen A Smith.. I kind of just want to punch that guy when he gets all worked up. Unbearable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 12:04 AM, BarryTheBest said:

The more of us that think positively about the Lions (in all aspects) the more likely we are to see them succeed. We always get back from the Universe based on our initial thoughts. If we constantly think negatively, negative things happen. Law of attraction.  

FOHHHHHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×