Lions Select LB Jahlani Tavai #43 Overall

davisblack

41 minutes ago, BarryTheBest said:

S**t man, I dont know. I am just trying to find some positives.

What I do know is our draft last year pretty much resulted in the same kind of responses from us and it worked out pretty good.

I get it.  I want to be wrong and I hope that i am.  But just watch this guys highlights (I know that’s not a good way to view a prospect) and you will see this guy rarely if ever makes a tackle by himself.  Missing tackles is part of his highlight tape.  That should tell you something.

10 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

When taking a TE at 8 is the best pick it leaves me scratching my head.

I can see that. I was hoping for Josh Allen but once the Jags took him I honestly was pretty sure the Lions were gonna take Hockenson. I would have liked for them to take Oliver or Bush. Heck, maybe even Montez Sweat.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Man this roster is going to be fun to blow up in Madden.

Lol. Might have to buy it for the first time in years to do the same. 

I got to allow this to shake out. I just read that BQ said this dude was on their radar since Oct. Fingers crossed I guess.

10 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I get it.  I want to be wrong and I hope that i am.  But just watch this guys highlights (I know that’s not a good way to view a prospect) and you will see this guy rarely if ever makes a tackle by himself.  Missing tackles is part of his highlight tape.  That should tell you something.

All we can do is hope.. Famous last words for us Lions fans. I bet we are all rewarded in heaven for having dealt with this for sooo long... Lol

Terrible pick you had Greedy Williams sitting there the 1st or 2nd best cover corner in the draft runs 4.3 in the 40  is 6"2 are U kidding me you pass on him for a no name LB.

I disgusted bye this pick I am fine with the TE but not to address CB I wanted the Lions to trade down back into 15-25 range and snag Greedy with a extra first in 2020 it didn't happen and for some reason he drops to us in the 2nd round are you fricking kidding me.

Cleveland browns draft him that team will be to a Super bowl before us period they finally found the right GM and Coach !

• Like 1

Well, after watching him some, he can really get off blocks with those long arms. 

He's an effective blitzer.

Play speed is good enough.

Seems to struggle some in zone coverage....then again his teammates didnt help much.

He is absolutely a high motor guy who is focused and gives his all on every play.

Heres hoping for the best

5 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Well, after watching him some, he can really get off blocks with those long arms. 

He's an effective blitzer.

Play speed is good enough.

Seems to struggle some in zone coverage....then again his teammates didnt help much.

He is absolutely a high motor guy who is focused and gives his all on every play.

Heres hoping for the best

Sounds like a special teams player...ill give him a 68 for Madden...

5 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Very true...but me personally I would rather get small school guys in the late rounds....not our 2nd!!! That is a starter right out the gate pick...

Of course. Im not excited by the pick either, but Ima try and get in Quinn and Patricias head and see what they have in mind for him.

1 minute ago, detroitroar said:

Of course. Im not excited by the pick either, but Ima try and get in Quinn and Patricias head and see what they have in mind for him.

I literally think they're throwing darts at a board....if they want a real leader....buh bye stafford...now install leader here...

18 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

I literally think they're throwing darts at a board....if they want a real leader....buh bye stafford...now install leader here...

I would disagree with this. Do I like our draft to this point, not at all... But, they are making moves for players with zero hesitation. This leads me to believe that they are executing on a specific plan. 

We have to let this play out. If this LB is a probowl player, all this will not matter. Clearly we can say that about anyone, but it is the truth.

Again, I am not happy, but I prefer to be optimistic I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryTheBest said:

All we can do is hope.. Famous last words for us Lions fans. I bet we are all rewarded in heaven for having dealt with this for sooo long... Lol

I get it.  And I was WAY wrong about Hand last year but at least there was a spot for him.  I just think we are wasting premium picks on inferior talent and that’s one thing, but doing so on player/positions that are slated to be back ups is another.  I could understand if they were premier talent that slipped but I feel they did the opposite; they reached.  I really hope I’m wrong but I feel I’ve seen this movie before and it doesn’t end well for us...