With the 50th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Irv Smith Jr., TE - Alabama

SemperFeist

3 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

I'd love a WR in the third. No excuses for Kirk 

not really going to be a need as they'd be the 5th option at best with Cook, Smith, Thielen, and Diggs... WR depth can be addressed a bit later.  I look to the defensive front for the 3rd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

not really going to be a need as they'd be the 5th option at best with Cook, Smith, Thielen, and Diggs... WR depth can be addressed a bit later.  I look to the defensive front for the 3rd.

Depending upon what takes place leading up to our pick I agree.  I still think we could get one of the WR's in the 4th with the way its falling so far.  I really like Omenihu as a 3T for us

4 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I agree. Need an edge or a 3T. Could go either way on that one. 

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I agree, I really like the Smith pick. It gives us another solid offensive weapon who can also, hopefully, help with the blocking game too.

Solid pick, I had them get Irv Smith Jr in the 3rd round, really had only one good year of production on Alabama but have to love that route runner and ability to cut.  Is not a great blocker obviously and to me is very small for a TE but is better than say Caleb Wilson at blocking.  Decent pickup for explosive playmaking in the NFL of today, will probably never be as good as Kyle Rudolph has been to be honest though if they did pick him to replace him after this next season.  Really hope Smith is not another MyCole Pruitt, a small undersized TE, I do not think he will be because he has far better footwork and proved himself, if only for one year, against big time competition.    

13 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Solid pick, I had them get Irv Smith Jr in the 3rd round, really had only one good year of production on Alabama but have to love that route runner and ability to cut.  Is not a great blocker obviously and to me is very small for a TE but is better than say Caleb Wilson at blocking.  Decent pickup for explosive playmaking in the NFL of today, will probably never be as good as Kyle Rudolph has been to be honest though if they did pick him to replace him after this next season.  Really hope Smith is not another MyCole Pruitt, a small undersized TE, I do not think he will be because he has far better footwork and proved himself, if only for one year, against big time competition.    

I think more a healthy Jordan Reed. 

11 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How pro ready is he? I'd be surprised if they traded Rudolph and counted on Irv that much

Ready enough to go into the season with him and Morgan. If the team has already decided to move on from Rudy for cap, or whatever reasons... they could manage.

1 minute ago, Snake Plissken said:

I think more a healthy Jordan Reed. 

Possibly if they use a lot of boot leg action and roll outs to the TE, that would be the ideal situation if he ended up like Reed sure.  Cousin's lack of mobility hurts that a little potentially but will see how they run it.  Still give me a bigger TE more often than a little one any day, and Irv is not as vertical of a threat in terms of going up and getting the ball that Jordan Reed is I feel.  

• Like 1