Pick 51 Titans Select AJ Brown

615finest

I think that Cameron Batson could also challenge Taywan for his spot. Batson was pretty explosive when he was out there last year, and he might actually be able to come down with a few more of those deep shots than Taywan was last year if he gets the opportunity.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I hope Taywan get it together his speed is much needed but it’s definitely over for Tajae, hope he has a solid preseason & latch on elsewhere 

I don't think Tajae is going anywhere in the immediate future.  I imagine they'll keep five receivers, at least, and I don't see them cutting someone as productive as he has been in comparison to the other receivers we have.  They've got new talent now in AJ Brown, so I don't see the cutting an unproductive, but fairly reliable WR4/5 in exchange for some unproven UDFA unless they absolutely light up the preseason.

8 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I think that Cameron Batson could also challenge Taywan for his spot. Batson was pretty explosive when he was out there last year, and he might actually be able to come down with a few more of those deep shots than Taywan was last year if he gets the opportunity.

If I had to carry 6 WRs, it would be:

Davis, Brown, Humphries, Taylor, Batson, Jennings.

Sharpe would have to be odd-man out...I cannot in good faith cut Jennings right now due to his return abilities. That said, Sharpe over Batson wouldn't be unforgivable 

27 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If I had to carry 6 WRs, it would be:

Davis, Brown, Humphries, Taylor, Batson, Jennings.

Sharpe would have to be odd-man out...I cannot in good faith cut Jennings right now due to his return abilities. That said, Sharpe over Batson wouldn't be unforgivable 

Sharpe is out, for the simple fact he’s a FA I believe after this season; I don’t see TN resigning him. The Titans definitely are going to give brown Reps & up to speed hopefully he picks up the playbook 

Personally, I've always thought the whole needing a "deep threat" WR so that defenses don't stack the box is overrated.  Unless your WR corp are made up of olinemen, they're going to be fast enough so that there's either a speed mismatch somewhere on the defense, or like titanrick said, the people that are a threat to your run game are 190 lb corners.

Either way, it shouldn't be that limiting to an offense.  The Pats had one of their most prolific passing offenses with two tight ends as their main targets.  DeAndre Hopkins has been the go to receiver in Houston for years now, and it wasn't a limiter even without Fuller.

Ideally, yes, you have a good, fast receiver that can easily get behind DBs to make big catches, but it's not that crucial.  I'll take a group of stud possession receivers any day.  Just my two cents on that.

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 9:17 AM, TitanRedd said:

Sharpe is out, for the simple fact he’s a FA I believe after this season; I don’t see TN resigning him. The Titans definitely are going to give brown Reps & up to speed hopefully he picks up the playbook 

I dont think there's anyway Sharpe is out over batson. Sharpe is proven even if it is as just a number 4/5 guy. Batson is not and is only like 5'8. Tajae is a better WR than batson. point blank.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I dont think there's anyway Sharpe is out over batson. Sharpe is proven even if it is as just a number 4/5 guy. Batson is not and is only like 5'8. Tajae is a better WR than batson. point blank.

Obviously the better receiver but doesn’t have any value in SPT which is what a #5 receiver should provide.

• Like 2

While we're discussing his abilities.  See, I see AJ Brown as a do-it-all guy.  He's good at everything a WR needs to be good at: great hands (check out the one-handed falling catch here), decent speed, big body, clean route running and change of direction ability.  The only thing keeping him from being a top 5 type receiver is that he doesn't have elite athleticism, which is one of the things we overrate the most in prospects IMO.

I still have all the faith in the world that Corey is going to be that stud WR1 for us long term, but I think AJ Brown could end up being WR1 caliber too by the time it's all said and done which would be great for us obviously. I think he'll really compete with Corey and make him better.  They'll both be out there Day 1, so the WR1 label is a bit overrated anyways especially with how Marcus likes to spread the ball around, but I just have a feeling that AJ is going to be every bit as good as Corey.  I'm really excited about it. For the first time in probably ever I'm feeling really good about our WR group.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Daniel said:

While we're discussing his abilities.  See, I see AJ Brown as a do-it-all guy.  He's good at everything a WR needs to be good at: great hands (check out the one-handed falling catch here), decent speed, big body, clean route running and change of direction ability.  The only thing keeping him from being a top 5 type receiver is that he doesn't have elite athleticism, which is one of the things we overrate the most in prospects IMO.

Define elite athleticism I don’t get it how people be saying he has decent speed. A 4.49 at 230lbs 36inch VT, he’s more quick than fast & can accelerate in & out of breaks & cut on a dime. He’s not a burner by no means but he’s fast. Decent speed to me is Demarious Thomas 4.56 Deandre Hopkins 4.57 Hakeem Nicks 4.62 a 4.49 at 230lbs is fast not blazing but fast 🤷🏽‍♂️ Sorry if I made a big deal out of nothing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Define elite athleticism I don’t get it how people be saying he has decent speed. A 4.49 at 230lbs 36inch VT, he’s more quick than fast & can accelerate in & out of breaks & cut on a dime. He’s not a burner by no means but he’s fast. Decent speed to me is Demarious Thomas 4.56 Deandre Hopkins 4.57 Hakeem Nicks 4.62 a 4.49 at 230lbs is fast not blazing but fast 🤷🏽‍♂️ Sorry if I made a big deal out of nothing 

Elite athleticism is like DK Metcalf or Paris Campbell.  That was my point, he didn't have a top-end 40 and didn't jump out of the building, but those traits are overrated, and they're the only ones he doesn't have.  If he had those, he's going top 5.

And yeah, if they need him to be faster, he could probably shed a little weight and be faster.

• Like 1