Eagles Draft: 2nd round (53 ovr): Miles Sanders, RB Penn State

Kiltman

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I watched highlights of Barkley and Sanders and i didn’t see anything close to the same player. 

They most certainly are not the same; but that is mostly as there are not many people like Barkley in the world 

5 hours ago, mm6492 said:

They most certainly are not the same; but that is mostly as there are not many people like Barkley in the world 

Agreed. And it’s not really fair just because they were both PS backs but you keep hearing about the comparisons and then I decided to see for myself and it’s not even close. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Agreed. And it’s not really fair just because they were both PS backs but you keep hearing about the comparisons and then I decided to see for myself and it’s not even close. 

They aren't the same type of player. Just because they're both shifty doesn't make them the same. People also need to stop comparing him to SaQuon, dude was literally a generational talent. Miles is more like Cadillac Williams or Sony Michel. Certainly neither are slouches.

Edited by Danger

1 hour ago, Danger said:

They aren't the same type of player. Just because they're both shifty doesn't make them the same. People also need to stop comparing him to SaQuon, dude was literally a generational talent. Miles is more like Cadillac Williams or Sony Michel. Certainly neither are slouches.

I’m certainly just a novice eye didn’t watch either much in college. (Just not a college football fan). But Saquon, as he should, jumps off the tape. He’s already in 5th gear on his third step. Just don’t see that type of explosiveness out of Miles. Like I said, it’s not even fair to compare. Just hope that Sanders can round himself out into a good pro. With only one real year under his belt, he definitely has room to grow. 

Only thing Sanders needs to do for me, is end up being better then Adam's, Smallwood and Clement.

Anything remotely in the same stratosphere as becoming our next McCoy / Shady is just gravy on top.

Barring injury Howard and Sanders are an upgrade over last season!

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I don't know why everyone's hating on Clement, dude is a quality back when healthy. Maybe not a starter, but a good rotational back.

Agreed - think he will be a nice rd peice to the Howard / Sanders combo and would not surprise me if he is seeing work over Sanders early on

clement in 2017 looked on pace to actually be a great starter to me. but somehow even before he got injured in 2018 he just seemed completely different. He kept trying to juke air whenever he had a ball in his hands; unlike 2017 when he was much more of a straight line runner.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I don't know why everyone's hating on Clement, dude is a quality back when healthy. Maybe not a starter, but a good rotational back.

I don't  hate Clement one bit quite the opposite  actually but he better be #3 on the depth chart behind Sanders at some point in the regular season to justify Miles being taken in the 2nd? That's all I'm saying. 

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Heard they gave Sanders #26

EDIT: Guess I'm late with this...

The only RB numbers available were 25, 26, 39.

39 is meh for a RB, and Miles grew up in Pittsburgh and likely grew up watching Shady in college so 25 likely wasn't going to be his choice.

Darrell Henderson would have took #25. i won't compare Miles to Saquon because there is no comparison, but I will foerver link him to Darrell Henderson and David Montgomery. If those two end up better, Miles is a bust. It will be like the Bears taking Trubisky over Mahoney and Watson.

Edited by Jeezla