Eagles Draft: 2nd round (53 ovr): Miles Sanders, RB Penn State

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who else is out there? Joey Bosa? Kyler Murray since he's a QB? Curious?

I know there is the Pepsi Rookie award, which is overall. But that's fan voting

So with the Offensive and Defensive award the league gives out, it helps take Bosa out...who overall should win with the impact he's had. 

It's probably right now between Jacobs, Sanders and Kyler. But then also AJ Brown and Terry McLaurin have an argument.

Jacobs injury hurt his chances, Kyler has been spotty all year. But with the Seahawks win he just had and being a QB helps a lot.

I think if we go up this week and he "out duels" Saquon for a huge day, Miles might get it.

56 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I think its Jacobs even being out, 1200 yds rushing, 7 TDs...

Total YFS and TDs though Miles is right there though. Meanwhile he was 2nd fiddle at points in this season and at other points was splitting the load. Josh Jacobs is absolutely their bell cow, and since Miles has been given the reigns he's ultimately outperformed Jacobs. I'm not going to cry foul play if any of those guys wins it though. Frankly I expect it will come down to this last week.

29 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Miles should've finished that TD run, an extra TD and another 25 yards could go a long way towards the award.

Exactly why I said he should've slid at the 1 instead of the 20-25 or whatever. lol. 

31 minutes ago, Danger said:

Total YFS and TDs though Miles is right there though. Meanwhile he was 2nd fiddle at points in this season and at other points was splitting the load. Josh Jacobs is absolutely their bell cow, and since Miles has been given the reigns he's ultimately outperformed Jacobs. I'm not going to cry foul play if any of those guys wins it though. Frankly I expect it will come down to this last week.

I agree Sanders has been lights out since taking over...it should be interesting this final week, AJ Brown and McLaurin I think still have a shot. Jacobs could miss a 3rd game which will hurt especially if Sanders goes off for 100+ total yards plus a tuddy

I think AJ Brown should win it
Jacobs, Miles, and Singletary all looked like above average/good starting RB's. No idea why Gruden took Jacobs off the field on passing downs. He's so dumb. Montgomery looked OK. Surprised Darrell Henderson never surpassed 3rd on the depth chart. Maybe he justifies my draftcrush on him next year, but right now it's looking like I whiffed on him.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I think AJ Brown should win it

Honestly think who ever balls out more in the playoffs and stays relevant, probably takes the award.

Sanders or Brown

If neither does, the Jacob hype earlier in the season probably wins it for him TBH.

42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Honestly think who ever balls out more in the playoffs and stays relevant, probably takes the award.

Sanders or Brown

If neither does, the Jacob hype earlier in the season probably wins it for him TBH.

Offensive/Defensive Rookie of the year is a regular season award. 
1050 receiving yards and 9 total td's for a rookie WR is a damn good season relative to what most top rookie receivers do. The top rookie RB's of recent years have easily outperformed Jacobs and Miles. Saquon had 2k+ yfs. Chubb and Lindsay both had better rookie years than Miles and Jacobs. Hunt and Kamara easily out-performed Miles and Jacobs in their rookie seasons. Zeke the year before that. AJ Brown's season is the best rookie wr season since OBJ Michael Thomas. He's rejuvenated Ryan Tannehill's career.

Edited by Jeezla

When is the actual announcement made/date? I made the comment earlier about whichever player went further in the Playoffs would probably take the award much like League MVP comes several weeks into the Playoffs. Or is effected some of the times by the Runs players make (deep or not). I know it's a regular season award but I think AJ and Sanders can supplant the other 3 easily, if they have a decent showing these Playoffs!