Eagles Draft: 2nd round (53 ovr): Miles Sanders, RB Penn State

Kiltman

Not a big fan of this pick.

i don't dislike the player, but I don't this there is that much difference between him and some backs are going to go much later.

Justice Hill, Trayveon Williams, Bruce Love

These guys are just as valuable in a committee scrnario.

Not that the trade was available, but both 2he's would have equalled HE's 1st and 3rd.I

Dillard, Harry, Hill seems ideal.

11 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Not that the trade was available, but both 2he's would have equalled HE's 1st and 3rd.I

Dillard, Harry, Hill seems ideal.

Harry? Do you mean N'Keal who the patriots picked at 32?

I legit don't know what you're even saying here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

Not a big fan of this pick.

i don't dislike the player, but I don't this there is that much difference between him and some backs are going to go much later.

Justice Hill, Trayveon Williams, Bruce Love

These guys are just as valuable in a committee scrnario.

I think unlike those other backs he has a ceiling.

I think they are always going to committee it up, but they need the main guy to lead the charge in there. 

Sanders works as a piece or potentially the lionshare of the carry cake.

• Like 1

Just now, ninjapirate said:

you guys are all annoying about penn st so i'd rather not have any penn st guys on the team.

if it means anything I have barely watched a game in two years and watched none this year until watching tape on Sanders and McGovern

One of the greatest things about moving away from family is I could stop pretending I cared about college football and have my saturdays back.

Just now, Kiltman said:

if it means anything I have barely watched a game in two years and watched none this year until watching tape on Sanders and McGovern

One of the greatest things about moving away from family is I could stop pretending I cared about college football and have my saturdays back.

I dont hate sanders he's kind of a do it all back that you want in a rotation and should fill in nicely as jordan howards number 2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Harry? Do you mean N'Keal who the patriots picked at 32?

I legit don't know what you're even saying here.

Sorry, I checked over whatever the hell my tablet corrected and the tablet still switched it back.

I was saying, "Not that the trade was available, but the Eagles' two 2nd round picks equated to NE's 1st and 3rd.
They could have netted N'Keal Harry (in the 1st) and Justice Hill (yet undrafted) and I think that haul would have been superior.

• Like 2

I feel like we should have gone Henderson or Montgomery, especially when you consider they both went in the 3rd. A 2nd round pick is too early of an investment at RB to take a stud next year if Sanders doesn't look anything special, and he never looked special to me. I hope I'm wrong about him, but I just see an average or slightly above average starter with Miles. Like a Mark Ingram type. Would have preferred not going RB at all and just letting Howard workhorse it for a year, but here we are. Hopefully he pans out.

Edited by Jeezla

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I feel like we should have gone Henderson or Montgomery, especially when you consider they both went in the 3rd. A 2nd round pick is too early of an investment at RB to take a stud next year if Sanders doesn't look anything special, and he never looked special to me. I hope I'm wrong about him, but I just see an average or slightly above average starter with Miles. Like a Mark Ingram type. Would have preferred not going RB at all and just letting Howard workhorse it for a year, but here we are. Hopefully he pans out.

I think his ceiling is higher that Ingram, better athlete. I don't think he develops everywhere, but I think he fits really well with what they want to do here.

But I see what you're saying.