Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan713

Round 2, Pick 55: OT Max Scharping

Image result for max scharping

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/max-scharping?id=32195343-4808-3616-ff9b-04768d49e58e

Overview

Ascending tackle prospect with impressive combination of size and functional athletic ability. Scharping has the ability to handle bull-rushers and finds ways to recover and get guys blocked after getting beat early. However, NFL rushers will look to exploit the inconsistent footwork and balance that shows up when his pass sets become hurried and unfocused against true edge speed. He might get a shot at left tackle, but might be best-suited on the right side where he has the potential to become an above-average starter.

I love that we are opening this up to a competition across the line. May the best man win!

Lot of projects, but IF they hit, we'll have a cheap T tandem to protect Watson. I like this more than Tytus Howard, to be honest.

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Lot of projects, but IF they hit, we'll have a cheap T tandem to protect Watson. I like this more than Tytus Howard, to be honest.

This is what I said about Davenport/Rankin 

Our young guys are Davenport, Rankins, Howard and Scharping. I think you need to find a way to get those guys involved in the starting 5, the question is where do they play?

56 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Our young guys are Davenport, Rankins, Howard and Scharping. I think you need to find a way to get those guys involved in the starting 5, the question is where do they play?

That’s a solid plan but I’d like to keep Watson for a while.