T.J ward should we ???

Dashing202

Per roto he's gonna likely get released . With Sue Craven suspicious injuries and lack of experience I feel like TJ ward would be a good move in which DJ can switch to free safety .

tj ward is someone that can blitz and stop the run well with above average coverage . At 30 years old tho I feel can contribute to the team

I don't think we should trade for him. I wanted to sign him when he was a free agent after he played for the Browns but that was 3 or 4 years ago. 

Cravens is hopefully the future and hopefully a Ward type safety. Also, Everret has been getting great reviews this preseason and Nicholson and Fish have flashed as well. 

Im willing to go through growing pains with these young guys now to see what they can develop into in the future.

57 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't think we should trade for him. I wanted to sign him when he was a free agent after he played for the Browns but that was 3 or 4 years ago. 

Cravens is hopefully the future and hopefully a Ward type safety. Also, Everret has been getting great reviews this preseason and Nicholson and Fish have flashed as well. 

Im willing to go through growing pains with these young guys now to see what they can develop into in the future.

Hate to say it but Craven unreliable and hasn't been wowing people in camp or preseason including last year . 

Dont get me wrong I like that we drafted a very athletic player but it's to many question marks at SS. Worst case TJ ward plays well for two years and we develop Craven if we get ward we can have a pretty good safety tandem .

NOTE GUYS WARD IS GETTING REELEASED NOT TRADED 

Just now, Dashing202 said:

He's getting released not traded .

He's likely to be released. However, if the Browns can find a deal, they'll take it.

That being said, if the Browns are cutting him and he hasn't played at all in the preseason, why would we want him? Is he even in football shape?

54 minutes ago, Woz said:

He's likely to be released. However, if the Browns can find a deal, they'll take it.

That being said, if the Browns are cutting him and he hasn't played at all in the preseason, why would we want him? Is he even in football shape?

Nobody's gonna trade for him at this point , and he's gonna be in football shape he's a proven strong safety and arguably would be our top 3 best defender on defense.

will sue Craven be in football shape lol that's the question.

55 minutes ago, Woz said:

Broncos*

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Nobody's gonna trade for him at this point , and he's gonna be in football shape he's a proven strong safety and arguably would be our top 3 best defender on defense.

will sue Craven be in football shape lol that's the question.

At the same time, Ward has no idea what our playbook looks like whereas Cravens does. As do Swearinger, Everett, Smithson, and the other safeties. Knowledge of a system is not something we should readily discount.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Hate to say it but Craven unreliable and hasn't been wowing people in camp or preseason including last year . 

Dont get me wrong I like that we drafted a very athletic player but it's to many question marks at SS. Worst case TJ ward plays well for two years and we develop Craven if we get ward we can have a pretty good safety tandem .

NOTE GUYS WARD IS GETTING REELEASED NOT TRADED 

Who said Cravens hasn't looked good in camp? I've never heard that, in fact I just read that a guy who breaks down Redskins games for the Washington Post say that he was damn good on the field even though he's battled injuries which I wholeheartedly agree with.

The ideal scenario is that one of the young safeties on our roster play well enough to be the starter beside DJ Swearinger for the next 5-10 years. 

TJ Ward will be 31 in December and he plays the game like a linebacker, I think it's safe to say that in 2 years he'll be beat up and several steps slow just like Whitner was last year. Wards best days are most likely behind him.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

At the same time, Ward has no idea what our playbook looks like whereas Cravens does. As do Swearinger, Everett, Smithson, and the other safeties. Knowledge of a system is not something we should readily discount.

That's true but I just don't want this team to have a hole. I feel this team ( I don't care about preseason) has shown to be good on offense and needs the D to step up so we can become a strong 10-6 type team. 

Not saying ward the answer but ward is a top 10 strong safety who I think can really help. I don't trust Craven so much at SS I feel better if we developed him more and when it needs to be to try and sit ward down to prove e earns it .

if Craven goes down again than who Everett ? Smithson? That's fine but that's like hoping for the best .

Just like the NT position let's solidfied the Strong safety position .

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who said Cravens hasn't looked good in camp? I've never heard that, in fact I just read that a guy who breaks down Redskins games for the Washington Post say that he was damn good on the field even though he's battled injuries which I wholeheartedly agree with.

The ideal scenario is that one of the young safeties on our roster play well enough to be the starter beside DJ Swearinger for the next 5-10 years. 

TJ Ward will be 31 in December and he plays the game like a linebacker, I think it's safe to say that in 2 years he'll be beat up and several steps slow just like Whitner was last year. Wards best days are most likely behind him.

The idea to win a Super Bowl and our team already heavily young honestly our oldest starter without looking would be ziggy hoods and he might not even start so it'd be Kirk cousins at 29 or Norman .

whitner wasn't amazing but he stopped the run atleast . Also ward is much better than whitner and ward only getting released because the broncos have no cap space at all in fact arguably the worst cap space imo .

ward and DJ with Norman would honestly give us a nice combo and hopefully 2015 Breeland is here to play .craven should earn his spot agree to disagree? Like doctson not starting and I agree idc if he's a first rounder he hasn't done anything since that one catch against Dallas .

start your best players not youth players that only

comes

on with a new head coach in a new system we have had Gruden since 2014.

Archived