T.J ward should we ???

Dashing202

NO

Enough retreads. This defense isn't great. This probably isn't a playoff team. Stop trying to make old fodder re-vitalize their careers. This isn't baseball. You can't tweek something and suddenly have a good year. He's old, broken, and frankly, wasn't that good in his prime.

Whitner was horrible in everything he did, he didn't stop the run and couldn't cover anyone. Sua Cravens should have been our starting S next to Hall/Blackmon from ththe minute we drafted him.

I think we have to ask ourselves, why are the Broncos going to cut Ward? Is it perhaps because he hasn't looked as good this offseason? Maybe he's lost a step.

Signing Ward does not make us a super bowl contender either. All it would do is stunt the development of two guys who've looked pretty good this offseason, Cravens & Everret. We have so much youth at safety, we need to let these guys develop and gel together. 

Ok so when are we ever gonna be a super bowl contender . 

Did anyone here think atlanta was gonna be in the super bowl ? Lol there D has always been embarrassing and Matt ryan was always known to be up and doen till last season . 

Hes only 30 years old which is super young in real life and is still young in NFL standards he isn't 33 yet or 34 he's 30. Our team already young and yet all yall complain about the D and the Safety play being terrible??

On 9/1/2017 at 10:18 AM, Slateman said:

NO

Enough retreads. This defense isn't great. This probably isn't a playoff team. Stop trying to make old fodder re-vitalize their careers. This isn't baseball. You can't tweek something and suddenly have a good year. He's old, broken, and frankly, wasn't that good in his prime.

Old folders ? He was literally a very good safety last season the broncos just can't afford there players and have amazing depth .

On 9/1/2017 at 10:18 AM, Slateman said:

NO

He was actually one of the best safety's in the league in his prime. 

On 9/2/2017 at 0:38 PM, Dashing202 said:

Old folders ? He was literally a very good safety last season the broncos just can't afford there players and have amazing depth .

On 9/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, lavar703 said:

He was actually one of the best safety's in the league in his prime. 

If either one of these posts was true, he wouldn't have been cut.

We have multiple young safeties we like, I'm not upset we passed on signing Ward. If we were a super bowl contender I'd feel differently but at this point I want to see our young safeties hopefully develop into good players for us. I especially like the development I've seen out of Everett the last two years and Nicholson, McClure and Fish all flashed this preseason as well.

Archived