Sign in to follow this  
Kiltman

Eagles Draft: 2nd round (57 ovr): JJ Arcega-Whiteside., WR Stanford

16 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

wait now its a negative to have big targets?? lol Philly about to bully these teams

I mean no but, it's nice to have some speed outside of DeSean. 

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You are never going to be satisfied if you focus on the players we didn’t get vs thinking about what we did get. Wentz has all the help he needs now 

Well said

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

We could have taken Hollywood Brown in the first. Then you would been mad that we didn’t draft a WR with size.......

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Hollins, Desean, Nelson, Gibson, and JJ (4.49 at pro day) all run fast

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We could have taken Hollywood Brown in the first. Then you would been mad that we didn’t draft a WR with size.......

Since I just said this was a redundant move, no I would not have been lol.

Since I just said this was a redundant move, no I would not have been lol.

But wouldn’t drafting a speed WR been a redundant move? We have Desean Jackson. 

11 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

As long as JJ is more than just a RZ guy, someone we can actually count on to produce from anywhere on the field, I'm cool with it.

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

I think people forget how fast Hollins was coming out, with Size. Gibson will be lucky to make this team since I doubt we carry 6WR.

That said, I'll  happily take a WR who can catch over Speedsters who can't.  24/7!

Nelson is probably gone. I would have preferred Hakeem Butler, but no worries with this pick. At least we didn't reach on Parris Campbell or McLaurin.

Just now, Danger said:

Nelson is probably gone. I would have preferred Hakeem Butler, but no worries with this pick. At least we didn't reach on Parris Campbell or McLaurin.

Hakeem Butler still hasn’t gone so it doesn’t seem like anyone is clamoring for him 

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

But wouldn’t drafting a speed WR been a redundant move? We have Desean Jackson. 

He's our only legit deep speed player. Ags isn't used for his speed like that. Hollins and Gibson are total non factors for me. Special teamers. Especially Gibson. I just want one of these safeties. 

He's our only legit deep speed player. Ags isn't used for his speed like that. Hollins and Gibson are total non factors for me. Special teamers. Especially Gibson. I just want one of these safeties. 

speed, and being able to go deep are two different things. Speed is great, but we now have Desean, Alshon, Goedert and JJ that can consistently get you 15-25 yards. Plus Nelly if he stays.

They don't tick that shift track guy mold, but they are an extremely versatile bunch.

Would have preferred safety but I’m not mad. 

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

speed, and being able to go deep are two different things. Speed is great, but we now have Desean, Alshon, Goedert and JJ that can consistently get you 15-25 yards. Plus Nelly if he stays.

They don't tick that shift track guy mold, but they are an extremely versatile bunch.

Like I says I'm not against the player, just really want one of these safeties. Looking forward to hearing all the eagles podcasters break this guy down.