Eagles Draft: 2nd round (57 ovr): JJ Arcega-Whiteside., WR Stanford

Kiltman

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Love the prospect, just not sure about the fit. We already got out jump ball guy in Alshon. Do we just want to live and die by throwing jump balls to Alshon, JJ and Ertz? Would have preferred a WR that wins before the ball is in the air. Problem is, Wentz is a lot less willing to throw those 50/50 balls than Foles.

200 receptions for Ertz this year lol

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Y'all are so negative about any and all prospects I swear to god. No one drafted outside the top 5 is going to come in and not have things they need to work on.

Seriously. Everyone is all obsessed with what they didn’t get instead of what they did get. You can’t take everyone 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

Y'all are so negative about any and all prospects I swear to god. No one drafted outside the top 5 is going to come in and not have things they need to work on.

I think part of the negativity here is that people never really considered him an option. But I mean the guy catches anything thrown to him regardless of who is hanging on him. What's to hate?

I’m not obsessed about what we didn’t get...I’m trying to understand how he’s improving the roster. 

How long Alshon has left 2-4 years? History has shown we haven’t developed WRs 

Year 1 ST/hidden injury 

Year 2-3 contributes? I think Mack Hollins was more of a polished WR coming out. 

He just seems to be Hank Baskett with a better college career 

14 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I’m not obsessed about what we didn’t get...I’m trying to understand how he’s improving the roster. 

Year 1 ST/hidden injury 

Year 2-3 contributes? I think Mack Hollins was more of a polished WR coming out. 

Nelly is probably gone, and they'll likely put him in as the 3rd/4th receiver. 

He's not going to get a fake injury or be a special teamer.

17 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Year 1 ST/hidden injury 

lol dis take doe......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I know he ran a 4.49 at his pro day and all but to me he's got the same issues as Jordan Matthews where he's just not going to separate. I agree with an earlier post that Butler would've been a more desirable to me.

Jordan Matthews was a slot, J.J. is an outside wideout and plays a lot differently. People said Alshon Jeffrey wouldn’t be able to separate. J.J. wasn’t asked to do a big route tree and when he did do short routes he excelled. 

4 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Jordan Matthews was a slot,

Because he couldn't separate, and for no other reason. Alshon doesn't separate, and he's constantly having to make contested catches. At some point it would be nice to have someone who can run away from a defender aside from a 34 year old DeSean.

Just now, Jlash said:

Because he couldn't separate, and for no other reason. Alshon doesn't separate, and he's constantly having to make contested catches. At some point it would be nice to have someone who can run away from a defender aside from a 34 year old DeSean.

Desean isn’t 34 and we still have next year. Howie has liked a speed guy and a possession guy for the past 4 years. We’re not going to reach for a speed guy when the better player is J.J.. maybe we were going to pick Mecole Hardman and that’s why Chiefs jumped in front of us.jj still ran a 4.49 which is faster then a lot of wideouts, he just needs to be coached up on routes and he’ll be really good. He already has elite body control and is elite on contested catches.