Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kiltman

Eagles Draft: 2nd round (57 ovr): JJ Arcega-Whiteside., WR Stanford

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I like the pick, just confused what happened with Metcalf that he fell so far. Was high on Whiteside all offseason. 

Injuries, lack of production and lack of an overall WR skillset 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Injuries, lack of production and lack of an overall WR skillset 

apparently he performed poorly in the quick movement drills which are essential for WRs. top end speed isn't everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this was the type of receiver i wanted just not the guy i ever thought about it being

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

apparently he performed poorly in the quick movement drills which are essential for WRs. top end speed isn't everything

improved it slightly at his proday, but yeah was a knock that held him up...surprised he did them honestly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

So we basically have 2 5th round picks left. What trades could we possibly do to get more? 

Agholor and Vaitai possibly?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

improved it slightly at his proday, but yeah was a knock that held him up...surprised he did them honestly

His game film doesn't really reflect poor agility at all.

 

Regardless. It doesn't matter to me now. We got Arcega, and on the note of Arcega. Lets not pretend he can't stretch the field at all.

he averaged 16.8 yards per reception last season. While not spectacular in college, that's pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hated him in college because we played against him.

He reminds me of E. Decker.

He is a decent player with a really high floor.

He will be in the league as long as his body allows.

Very savvy, finds a way to get open enough, catches most everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

improved it slightly at his proday, but yeah was a knock that held him up...surprised he did them honestly

he goes up and takes the ball being shifty with his route running to create seperation isnt his game at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I like the pick, just confused what happened with Metcalf that he fell so far. Was high on Whiteside all offseason. 

Apparently Teams for once didn't buy into the combine hype. 

Limited route runner 

Average hands

Bad Hips, lateral movements,  ect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please stop with the love for Metcalf.
He is going to be terrible.
His numbers sync up with Mack Hollins'.

That he fell is no shocker.
He is a great athlete, but not a great WR.
He can run his three routes over and over and will still catch a few balls.
But, not many.

So, when he looks like Randy Moss come beat the hell out of me.
But, if he sucks, pay me homage ..... or I'll go full Tyreek on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the prospect, just not sure about the fit. We already got out jump ball guy in Alshon. Do we just want to live and die by throwing jump balls to Alshon, JJ and Ertz? Would have preferred a WR that wins before the ball is in the air. Problem is, Wentz is a lot less willing to throw those 50/50 balls than Foles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Please stop with the love for Metcalf.
He is going to be terrible.
His numbers sync up with Mack Hollins'.

That he fell is no shocker.
He is a great athlete, but not a great WR.
He can run his three routes over and over and will still catch a few balls.
But, not many.

So, when he looks like Randy Moss come beat the hell out of me.
But, if he sucks, pay me homage ..... or I'll go full Tyreek on you.

is this supposed to be some new age haiku

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more reasons not a fan.

His route tree was limited at Stanford

He dominated smaller CBs on 50/50 opportunities, well news flash teams are drafting 6’2 CBs. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s treated more like a Flexed out TE then a WR

How well does he work off the jam? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...