Eagles Draft: 2nd round (57 ovr): JJ Arcega-Whiteside., WR Stanford

Kiltman

Watched just about all I could on him.
I don't think he's going to be that good. He gets about as much separation as Jordan Matthews did. He is much better than J Matt at catching in traffic, but he's going to have a similarly hard time getting open in the NFL, imo. 

We should put him in the slot, where he can basically be a better J Matt.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Watched just about all I could on him.
I don't think he's going to be that good. He gets about as much separation as Jordan Matthews did. He is much better than J Matt at catching in traffic, but he's going to have a similarly hard time getting open in the NFL, imo. 

Im just curious: Where did you get the game tape? 

PFF loves him. Said he was the highest rated WR in college football for contested catches, by a large margin. 

Give me a chain mover and RZ machine all day any day. He's basically another Alshon Jeffery. I'm good with that.

Seriously who are you taking away from getting the ball in the RZ in a 12 Personnel set?

Alshon, Ertz, Goedert, Whiteside

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

PFF loves him. Said he was the highest rated WR in college football for contested catches, by a large margin. 

Give me a chain mover and RZ machine all day any day. He's basically another Alshon Jeffery. I'm good with that.

Seriously who are you taking away from getting the ball in the RZ in a 12 Personnel set?

Alshon, Ertz, Goedert, Whiteside

Definitely not another Alshon.

I was never really into this guy pre-draft tbh. Would probably have rather drafted a safety.

Who knows he might surprise me though.

Just checked the game against Washington, this was a short one.

he had three targets, on the first he caught the ball, but he let the db punch it out of his hands.

on the 2nd throw the ball slipped through his hands and then hit his chest. refs threw a questionable flag for interference. 

on the third pass, he caught the ball but got tackled by Murphy and left the game on a cart.

I was hoping for something better than this tbh. :D

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Read that J.J. could be a potential Alshon replacement down the line. I think the Birds can save $10 mil cutting Alshon in 2021; if he doesn’t perform at a higher level he could be a goner. 

It makes sense for the longterm. Also Alshon is known to get hurt. You saw the first four games at the start of last year without him. This offense had nobody who threatened you on the outside.

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Read that J.J. could be a potential Alshon replacement down the line. I think the Birds can save $10 mil cutting Alshon in 2021; if he doesn’t perform at a higher level he could be a goner. 

I think it's a possibility they had that in mind, I think more so it's so they can move them around and do some things with them inside and out. And as insurance for Alshon, if he's down our offense has a big blow to what they can do.

Predraft stuff there was some stuff about them experimenting with Alshon in the slot, maybe they use JJ like that as a kinda athletic Jordan Matthews / Alshon hybrid.

I'm really intrigued with what we can do between our skill positions, like we can audible into a lot of stuff.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think it's a possibility they had that in mind, I think more so it's so they can move them around and do some things with them inside and out. And as insurance for Alshon, if he's down our offense has a big blow to what they can do.

Predraft stuff there was some stuff about them experimenting with Alshon in the slot, maybe they use JJ like that as a kinda athletic Jordan Matthews / Alshon hybrid.

I'm really intrigued with what we can do between our skill positions, like we can audible into a lot of stuff.

I forget who made this comparison that I was listening to, but they said it reminded them of when the Bears drafted Alshon when they already had Brandon Marshall. Those two were dynamic together as two big WR's and then when the team was ready to move on from Marshall, they had Alshon with seasoning in place to take over as their #1. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I forget who made this comparison that I was listening to, but they said it reminded them of when the Bears drafted Alshon when they already had Brandon Marshall. Those two were dynamic together as two big WR's and then when the team was ready to move on from Marshall, they had Alshon with seasoning in place to take over as their #1. 

makes sense, like having one of those guys is great and almost a necessity. But like what can you pull off with two guys like that?

What can you do with two guys like that, and an even taller athletic TE in Goedert being able to do some of those deeper routes.
And a guy like Ertz who just eats underneath
And Desean to take off the top of a defense
and Nelly if he's here to be a wildcard that can do a lot of it.
And a rusher like Howard who can just slam through a line.
And now a wiggly rusher like Sanders who can catch and make people miss.
oh and if Wentz is Healthy he can always just chunk off 10 yard gains like they are nothing.

They really can just impose their will no matter what a team is trying to do to us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I swear you guys are just looking at everything JJ does with a negativity bias to justify your disdain that didn't take a Safety. JFC y'all are insufferable.

That's what happens on this board - didn't draft a player you like, immediately speak very negatively of them to hep your argument. 

Someone said it in another thread - we need to stop looking at who we could've drafted vs who we actually drafted. It's terrible to come here this time of year. 

• Like 1