Eagles Draft: 2nd round (57 ovr): JJ Arcega-Whiteside., WR Stanford

Kiltman

• 2 weeks later...

Plucked this from PFF:

JJ ARCEGA-WHITESIDEPHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Best Route: Go

This one wasn’t even close. Arcega-Whiteside was the draft class’ highest-graded receiver on go concepts, including seams, back-shoulder go, end-zone fades and flys that broke off another route. On those go route concepts, Arcega-Whiteside showcased what made us here at PFF come to love him. He has an innate ability to high point the football while also dominating over defensive backs at the catch point. He made 11 contested catches on go routes last year and turned 39 targets into 14 explosive plays of 15 or more yards. All 20 of his go route receptions either moved the chains (eight) or scored six points (12).

This is arguably one of the more perfect matches made in draft heaven as Carson Wentzhas been downright tremendous on go routes in his short career. Just last year alone, he threw six big-time throws and despite three dropped passes, completed 12 go routes for 271 yards and two scores. Arcega-Whiteside’s ability on go routes and contested-catch situations both in the red zone and in the open field should go a long way at continuing Wentz’ development into one of the league’s top-end signal-callers. “

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

WR that can catch, what a concept. Ahh the days of our Receiving Corps leading the league in Drops. God I don't  miss those days!!!!

JJ should  help with that.

It's like you're trying to bring back the bad juju our WR's had. Never mention the unholy days.

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

It's like you're trying to bring back the bad juju our WR's had. Never mention the unholy days.

****, I remember when posters were actually blaming Wentz for their inabilities. It's  one of the reasons I was always a Jason Avant Fan regardless of his YAC. Just Catch the GD ball and move the chains. That's  all that matters in the end. Not the occasional 60 yrd TD.

Alshon, Errz, Goedert and Hopefully JJ do that. Agholor has gotten better too. No reason Wentz shouldn't  thrive , baring injury!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

****, I remember when posters were actually blaming Wentz for their inabilities. It's  one of the reasons I was always a Jason Avant Fan regardless of his YAC. Just Catch the GD ball and move the chains. That's  all that matters in the end. Not the occasional 60 yrd TD.

Alshon, Errz, Goedert and Hopefully JJ do that. Agholor has gotten better too. No reason Wentz shouldn't  thrive , baring injury!!!

Yeah, a healthy wentz has absolutely no excuse to not be great this season. Expectations are through the roof. I'm pretty confident in him but if he does fail there is nothing that can be blamed this year.

22 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Yeah, a healthy wentz has absolutely no excuse to not be great this season. Expectations are through the roof. I'm pretty confident in him but if he does fail there is nothing that can be blamed this year.

Well,  his surrounding cast also needs to be healthy too, but yes! Breakout the GD Smoothie Machine and Get Er' Done!

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well,  his surrounding cast also needs to be healthy too, but yes! Breakout the GD Smoothie Machine and Get Er' Done!

True. If the pattern of the last couple years continue we'll be picking up cashiers and waiters for WR's by week 7.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, for you out of towners, the news is out locally that his name is pronounced Are-Thay-Ga, not Are-Say-Ga. Much like when the news got out that Dario was Sharich not Saric. Just so your are on your games. I got tired of people calling Goedert, Go-Dert pretty fast. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

By the way, for you out of towners, the news is out locally that his name is pronounced Are-Thay-Ga, not Are-Say-Ga. Much like when the news got out that Dario was Sharich not Saric. Just so your are on your games. I got tired of people calling Goedert, Go-Dert pretty fast. 

Arethayga sounds like it's being said by Mike Tython.

• Like 2