Round 3 Pick 67: San Francisco 49ers Select WR Jalen Hurd Baylor

J-ALL-DAY

His route running at that size is pretty darn impressive. Can see Shanahan do nutzo things with him - start him anywhere from H-Back to big slot to X to Z and then motion into the backfield for outside zones. And then do the reverse of that. He isn't the guy I'd pick. But I can track the logic. 

• Like 4

@Forge Looks like you were right in thinking the team wasn't going to draft a FS.

I see not drafting a CB because even though the secondary was crap last season, the youngsters have potential and we did get Verrett who is a baller....When he plays. But FS? Um, thought we would go in that direction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Interesting. Just saw a comp on hogs Haven for him and it was Trey Burton. Maybe there's something to your thought there

I mean if you run a 4.65 then you're not playing WR for Shanahan...Unless your name is Pierre Garcon lol. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

@Forge Looks like you were right in thinking the team wasn't going to draft a FS.

I see not drafting a CB because even though the secondary was crap last season, the youngsters have potential and we did get Verrett who is a baller....When he plays. But FS? Um, thought we would go in that direction. 

I would have gone that direction too. I picked Love in the gm game because I like that talent, but safety would have been high on my list in round 3.